Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Flashback--Halloween 1999

Back to work and busy. My frugal thought today was to bring my lunch. Thank goodness for Campbell's soup. I love the vegetable beef and on a misty, blowing-rain, gray day, I thought it was a good choice.

Hope everyone else is having a BOOtiful day!

Halloween is tomorrow. This is the time I wish my kids were smaller again, I mean younger.....LOL


I loved giving out candy too but since we moved out to the boonies we don't have any trick or treaters but I always have one bag, just in case. I loved to great them at the door. I was not one to dress up and scare children though. I think I got too much of that growing up. No, I was just plain me, with a smile. When my kids were too old to trick or treat they would help me give out the candy.......well, I think Brandon gave out a whole bag one time....to one person....oops. LOL

Before I moved here, and while Bodyguard and I were dating, he called me on a Halloween night from the police dept. He was Assistant Chief of Police then and he wanted to tell me that my house was causing a traffic jam in the middle of town. He said "what in the heck are you giving out?" He had to send out extra cops to direct the traffic........
I laughed and snickered. I was always giving him some kinda grief! LOL

See, my house was in the middle of town and the trick or treaters were all lining up cause they knew I had good treats. This was a funny moment on this Friday Flashback.

Well, back to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.