designed by Feathers in the Nest
Life is certainly about balance. This is a hard lesson I've learned on my journey.
Just wanted to express some of those sentiments with symbolism for many of us who juggle many hats during the day, the month, and our whole lives. A good balance of career, home, friendships, exercise, attending to our physical health, etc. is a constant in this life of change.
The colors suggested are:
Gentle Art Huckleberry
Gentle Art Cidermill Brown
Gentle Art Buttermilk
fabric of choice to make this as contemporary or vintage as you would like for this little sampler!
Because if you think about it, we have all, for generations and generations, had to learn what that balance is, what the little bit of this, and little bit of that, that makes us content and functional.
Huckleberry is a beautiful turquoise blue bright color and with the contrast with Cidermill Brown, it's very pretty for a pinkeep, pillowkeep or whatever your imagination can ponder.
A few positive thoughts for you and me today are:
- Just as there comes a warm sunbeam into every cottage window, so comes a love--born of God's care for every separate need.~~~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place, but there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. ~~ E. L. Konigsburg
- All that is worth cherishing begins in the heart. ~~Suzanne Chapin
- I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.~~Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Getting things accomplished isn't nearly as important as taking time for love. ~~Janette Oke
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. ~~Helen Keller
- We need both--the joy of the sense of sound; and the equally great joy of its absence.~~Madeleine L "Engle
- Simlicity means a return to the posture of dependence. Like children we live in a spirit of trust. What we have we receive as a gift. ~~ Richard J. Foster
Stitch this one up and toss in your favorite bowl to be a reminder to balance.
Have a great Tuesday! My order from Amy Mitten's website came in and I'll show some pics later! ;)