Monday, September 7, 2009

Stitching can get a little like microscopic biopsy procedures

I felt like this evening I performed microscopic surgery on the area to the left which is supposed to say 1811.
However, I thought that the Pea Pod Green and the Bean Sprout Green would blend and they did, very well. (hey, I stir mine together to eat them) So, well, that after filling it all in, I asked Body Guard
"what does that say?"

he looks and raises his eyebrow and said "is that supposed to be numbers?"--my first clue

then, me "yes, it's a date" ----then he got excited and after I said, "no, a number date silly" he calmed down and said.......

"it looks like maybe.........maybe.......19--07?"

Me. "Nope it's 1811"

That's how it all began.......

I knew my surgical skills were necessary to excise just the 1811 out of the grass area. What a nightmare! I've spent more time doing intrauterine procedures than this.

For a while, I thought I was going to be learning basic hardanger as I almost cut the linen to get out the Pea Pod color. Then as I was thinking about how hard hardanger looked to do, I realized why the word "anger" is in it and smiled..........Oh, I can do it, I can do it..........


Done, I reached into my bag and grabbed whatever color that would contrast but not scream at me and stitched in the places I biopsied practically to remove. LOL
I am happy to say the procedure went well and the patient is recovering. No major complications occured.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great--looks like your procedure was successful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that...way too many times.

    BTW, I recently posted about a great hardanger tutorial, if you're interested. http://www.nordicneedle.com/newsletters/stash/32.shtml

    tjbdesigns
    http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching looks wonderful. I love the new look of the date!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.