Saturday, February 23, 2019

Making Ends Meet


It's another rainy day in Georgia and onward for a couple hours of crochet in the morning. Lots of ends in using alot of colors but it's coming along. I have learned that tension issues as a beginner are very common. My chain stitches were too tight. After a couple of  You Tube videos on the topic, my next projects may benefit from using a size hook 2 sizes larger just for the chain stitches.

I'm still enjoying it though as an added project among many others.

Mr. Darcy and I have started watching another TV series, Madam Secretary. Pretty good so far. We are still in Season 1.

It's leftover fried chicken tonight with Irish potatoes and white gravy, and cooked carrots.

I love it when we have left-overs!!! Last night Mr. Darcy cut up a whole chicken and I fried it up as any true Southern girl will. Probably not the healthiest but it is soooooo good.

Ther weather man says the sun is coming out tomorrow. It has been a LONG time since we have seen the sun here.

Here's to having a cozy Saturday evening!

5 comments:

  1. I am now a Follower of your Blog. I found your Blog through another Blogger. I too have a Blog and it is called "lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com I hope that you will follow my Blog.

    Your Crocheting looks really good. I love the colors of this. I have been crocheting since I was 13 years old. I have made everything from Slippers to two Round 60 inch Pineapple Tablecloths. Right now I am crocheting a Afghan for myself using the V Stitch.

    I love your Background of your Blog. It is so pretty and all of the lovely pictures that you have in your Sidebar.

    Your chicken sounds really good. I love Fried Chicken and Fried Potatoes with Fried Onions.

    Happy Crocheting
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer: I am so happy to see you are back blogging.
    I am sad to say I had stopped following you because I felt you had stopped blogging.
    I read back where you talk about having an accident, I am so sorry to hear this.
    I am adding you back to my blog list.
    Blessings stay healthy.
    We are full of snow and getting more, ick.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is really coming along! I'm loving your colors - so very pretty! We do leftovers here, too. I'll cook up something and my hubby and I will eat it for another meal or two. We're fine with that and I like that I don't have to cook as often. I'm hoping it warms up here, too. The snow is still hanging around and the temperatures are quite cold. Stay warm!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been forever since I've had homecooked fried chicken! My mom used to make it when I still lived at home many eons ago. I rarely make fried foods at home. Once in a while, I'll make fried potatoes with onions -- used to be my Dad's favorite. Restaurants just can't match homecooked fried potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer: I think leftovers taste best when reheated especially chicken.
    Your colors are beautiful, I cannot knit or crochet except a chain stitch in crochet, maybe someday I will learn to knit and crochet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer