Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Busy as a Bead

Here's my today progress on the Blue House Sampler by the Sampler Girl.
I'm getting there. I did most of this at lunch and then last night---corrected---this morning at 2am when I couldn't sleep. I'm trying to get back on my regular schedule. If I'm asleep at least by midnight, that would give me 6 hours. Whew! I did enjoy the days of sleeping till 10am.

Anyways, I plan to go now and watch Anderson Cooper on CNN at 10pm live from Afghanistan for an hour. I really get stitchy when I think about that so I should make some progress from here! Oh, and Nancy Grace at 8p, I need to hurry.



I'm embarrassed about this but I really have to show you my She-Beads. Now, I've never heard of She-Beads before until our trip this past summer to Pigeon Forge TN. We stopped by this quaint shop and they had some on marked down 40 % off and my husband loved them and got these for me. I love them! I wear them with anything. (no , I wasn't a hippie but I did hoola hoop...LOL)
Anyway, full price these are a little........costly. But, but a big but..........he insisted so I just caved and said Ok, if you must........:)
I wore them today. I thought the artsy, craftsy souls out there would like them. They have a website. Just go to She Beads .com. I didn't realize they also have He-beads at the site....I digress. My man wouldn't get them...LOL You can check it out. They are clay beads, individually made in a studio in Chicago and each bead is unique. They are spaced by Swavartzke (how do you spell that) crystals or silver beads.
You have to check them out.


I'm happy today. I'm back at work, in a routine, which is somewhat comforting. It's nice to make a difference in people's lives. Although, I did get shot some sign language from another commuter with road rage today at 5:30pm. Bless his heart! I just drove right on past him! LOL

Well, let me get back to stitching while I wait on Anderson Cooper on CNN at 10pm. Please watch it this week. Every night on CNN he will be live in Afghanistan, the forgotten war. Ironically, more than 60% of Americans think we need to get out of the country, and I don't think the Obaminator is going to get us out. So, go check it out, what's happening with our troops at 10pm Eastern Standard Time.


2 comments:

  1. I've seen bracelets like that around here before. I think someone was making them to raise cancer awareness. They are beautiful!
    Excellent progress on your sampler.
    Like you...I need to have somewhat of a routine to my day but I never could manage to sleep past 7am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peggy!
    I checked out your pics and they were great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer