Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nesting this week

This week went by so fast-- I can't tell you how fast for me. Every day was full of adventures. If you read back a few posts, on my day adventure where I encountered a beautiful peacock walking down the road......I had passed through a city with Hobby Lobby.......a New large Hobby Lobby!  I got lost in it and think hubbie met back with me about 3 times before I finally pulled myself out of there. I got lost in the beads and charm section for 1 hour. Then lost myself in the framing dept for 1 hour.
And when you live in the boonies, it's like candy in a candystore.

Hobby Lobby has some good frames and then again, some knicked up so you have to really watch what ya get. But at half price for open back frames, it's a deal hard to find.

Here are the beauties waiting for samplers:







and then this one was a bargain indeed. It was half of half of half.





for this:


Then this one:



an 8 x 10



and then my findings yesterday at a thrift store for 1.00...yep 1.00

2 wooden ovals, no nicks, or scratches. There was one messed up glass and I tossed that out.



the back




And got this little one to put something in for a keychain this week:



I was hoping a small one over one monogram but we'll see.



I have a propensity for lockets to wear and this one has always been dear to me. Had it for 20 years. Open it many times.



Oh, how I wouldn't give this up for anything in the world!

Hope you are having a great Mother's Day!

I am busy with redecorating an upstairs bedroom and making room on the basement office for a wooden bookcase I got yesterday for my many, many books. I have the perfect spot for it already, just got to make a path to move it there!!! LOL  There is no telling what I'll run into in boxes as I'm cleaning out and making room.....I guess a bit of nesting today.



2 comments:

  1. Great frames - I love the 8x10!

    Your locket is lovely - I'm wearing one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously get the best deals!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.