Saturday, May 15, 2010

When Life gives you a ragged blanket make scissorkeeps



yep, in the middle of cleaning and clearing and donating to charity, I had this blanket that had come apart in many, many places and really I couldn't fix it. The batting was sticking out. So, instead I cut it up and found the pieces I wanted to make out of pillows. This one I used a scrap of  Raspberry Jobelan on the exterior to make a pocket with old mother of pearl buttons and pin to house my scissors in my stitching chair upstairs.
This is one sure way of not losing a pair of scissors...I think.




The pink backing fabric I chose.



A little side tracked from organizing today.  It's storming here and we have lost electricity once so we are crossing our fingers it doesn't happen again  XX


Edited:  In looking back over the day, I think I was just trying to patch a broken heart.

2 comments:

  1. Another one for the "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or do without" file. Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolutely beautiful scissor keep pillow Jennifer. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.