Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A potential stitching box in the making


The best fragrant soap I ventured to try came in a box that is just too good to toss in the trash.



It's a heavy box with magnetic lid when you close it. I actually found this in a seconds store last week. It has shea butter in it and French milled. Smells heavenly.
And very large too.



See the size of it?


You know what I'm thinking about this box?
If I had the brave talent to cover it with fabric, this would make a lovely little stitching box. One that could carry scissors and a small design and tuck nicely in a tote bag for lunchtime stitching on small projects.

AND it would be already fragranced with fig and vanilla and lavender!!!!
I've got to go searching for the Blackbird Design Blog tutorial on covering boxes with fabric and try this weekend.
I've so admired the box Jennifer from Confessions of a Serial Starter blog gave me and covered in fabric that it's got me thinking now when I got this soap box.
Anybody like to cover boxes or have experience covering boxes with fabrics?



6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. You are a true crafter to even think about it.

    Sent you an email.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfect box to cover, Jennifer! I love covered boxes but have never done one. I'm sure you'll do it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea - I look forward to what you come up with!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! I beleive in you!

    Here are the links:
    Part One ~ http://blackbird-designs.blogspot.com/2009/10/covered-box.html

    Part Two ~ http://blackbird-designs.blogspot.com/2009/10/covered-box-part-2.html

    I can't wait to see the finished product. (I'll be happy to answer any of your questions too!)
    Happy Stitching!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to how you finish it up, what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great box! I love when things come in fun boxes that you can reuse, especially if they already smell nice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer