Monday, August 24, 2009

A Happy Dance at the Mail today

Here's a few pics of my Blog to Book. I saw this possibility months ago at the Cutest Blog on the Block website. Of course, if you publish your blog to a book, it cannot be sold, just for personal keeping.

I ordered one copy and for the past year, I reached 300 pages and didn't realize it would be so big. I call it Volume One. Got this in the mail today. I was very, very impressed with the quality of the paper. Its a softback book but the paper is thick and shiny! You actually pick out the design on the book for the front picture and a background color, write an introduction/preface page, and then it downloads into this book format. Great way to keepsake your blog and pictures of stitching progress.


I took a few pics of it.


This is the front---

Here's the preface I wrote (has to be less than 300 words)

Here's the bottom of the back
Puts it in chapters for you........



Here is the back of the book (mid-top)



A few sample pages


I'm telling you that the quality of the pictures are very clear.



If you are interested, here is the link to the site to turn your blog into a book! You can choose different things about it, include or disregard dates, comments, etc. just make it personal.
You can also order just a pdf of the book for an extra cost.
My feet are so tired tonight. Back to settling in and stitching on The Blue House Sampler while I watch CNN and Nancy Grace show.
Till next time.......

6 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer, you're a published author, and the book is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your book!
    A beautiful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. Lovely. Congrats on your book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea and will surely have to do that. I had wanted to keep entries for later reading so now I can!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya,

    It was a little pricey but worth it. When I opened it, I couldn't believe the quality of every page and the pictures are priceless.
    To me, they look clearer than when put on the blog.
    And I am really not good at printing off pictures, most are all on my computer so this gives me an album of alot of pictures together as well.
    You will love it Tanya, if you put it in a book, cause I know you are like me and love books anyway.
    They would also make great personal Christmas gifts to family if you have family that would want one.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. You must be proud of what you have accomplished. I know I would be. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer