Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Jane Austen Booklet arrived


I was so giddy at receiving the Jane Austen Booklet from the Sampler Girl's webshop in the mail yesterday that I decided to stitch Darcy and Me tonight. I used a cornflower blue color, DMC that I had leftover from another project. The linen is 32 ct R & R remnant in a color I can't remember at the moment.  I love Williamsburg blue colors anyways so I trimmed a little tiny piece of old fabric from my stash just on the edges to bring out the colors of rust and blue. I have to admit it would look more Regal in a better frame and this one was just convenient and from.....the dollar store......:::::embarrassed::::::
But anyway it satisfied my Darcy and Me evening with my Mr. Darcy as we took a long stroll after work, without any of the dogs, just us. The weather was perfect.

With the booklet I ordered some Jane Austen remnants from Tanya's shop as well as I plan to finish with a couple of other smalls in the booklet.




These will be fun Summer projects to work on in between other ones.
Netherfield Park looks like a good one to start on next!

Another busy day today and I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already. I'm looking forward to a vacation in July, a big long road trip.

5 comments:

  1. Love how you finished Darcy & Me. Looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mr. Darcy and the frame is nice. Your Heart of America inspires me to get my kit out and start stitching. I got it for my birthday 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so creative in your finishes! Nice job!

    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I love the colors :)

    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics are lovely Jennifer! I've never read Jane Austin so when I hear about Mr. Darcy and what not I am oblivious. I dont' do much reading. Sad huh?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.