Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Empty Nest complete


Literary Littles No. 6 Empty Nest--Anne Bradstreet sampler
designer, The Sampler Girl
28 count cream linen
DMC floss
Frame--Hobby Lobby, framed by myself
added an an old brown velvet ribbon with 2 pins
Confession time.........besides the DMC colors I found this dark brown wooden frame at Hobby Lobby which I thought would work well with the piece. Their frames are 50% off and really it had a matting in it for a 4 x 6 picture with a saying about family, friends, etc. So, I removed that, framed it and a perfect fit! The lacey ribbon I've wanted to use for a while. Problem I encountered was securing the ribbon to the back to hang with the ribbon, so in the mean time I put in 2 pearlized matching pins to hold until I most likely will put a small amount of glue to the frame and remove the pins. I haven't decided. I had kinda wanted to use the fabric in the background but decided to frame small instead for the particular space I had. The iron bed is catty cornered so that's why the first pic has part of the bed in it too......
The Battle of the Stitching Mind again.....LOL
But, I hung in it's special place in a bedroom and it fit the spot. I love the verse on it.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! It is perfect and you did a great job with framing it. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. Love that verse and that frame is awesome for it. What a perfect fit. Congrats on a beautiful finish and the framing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled you stopped by my blog! I look forward to hearing more from you and further blog adventures together.

    You have a great blog too!

    Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Jennifer - the saying, the frame and your ribbon addition. The frame just fits the piece so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all! The saying of it had a special meaning to me at this stage of my life as well.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, as usual, you did a great job! I love the ribbon, and your framing is flawless!

    And boy, can I relate to the saying too....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.