Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Empty Nest complete


Literary Littles No. 6 Empty Nest--Anne Bradstreet sampler
designer, The Sampler Girl
28 count cream linen
DMC floss
Frame--Hobby Lobby, framed by myself
added an an old brown velvet ribbon with 2 pins
Confession time.........besides the DMC colors I found this dark brown wooden frame at Hobby Lobby which I thought would work well with the piece. Their frames are 50% off and really it had a matting in it for a 4 x 6 picture with a saying about family, friends, etc. So, I removed that, framed it and a perfect fit! The lacey ribbon I've wanted to use for a while. Problem I encountered was securing the ribbon to the back to hang with the ribbon, so in the mean time I put in 2 pearlized matching pins to hold until I most likely will put a small amount of glue to the frame and remove the pins. I haven't decided. I had kinda wanted to use the fabric in the background but decided to frame small instead for the particular space I had. The iron bed is catty cornered so that's why the first pic has part of the bed in it too......
The Battle of the Stitching Mind again.....LOL
But, I hung in it's special place in a bedroom and it fit the spot. I love the verse on it.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! It is perfect and you did a great job with framing it. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. Love that verse and that frame is awesome for it. What a perfect fit. Congrats on a beautiful finish and the framing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled you stopped by my blog! I look forward to hearing more from you and further blog adventures together.

    You have a great blog too!

    Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Jennifer - the saying, the frame and your ribbon addition. The frame just fits the piece so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all! The saying of it had a special meaning to me at this stage of my life as well.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, as usual, you did a great job! I love the ribbon, and your framing is flawless!

    And boy, can I relate to the saying too....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer