Thursday, July 30, 2009

One thing leads to another


Have you ever started to find one thing for a project and as you are digging through the mountains of patterns and fabrics and threads, you see something and its a small finish and say "I've got to do this one now"......totally diverted from your original intention to work on the present project?
Well , that's what happened, one thing led to another and before you know it I had found a frame that I had for about 10 years in a box, and in looking for another pattern, this freebie I got in an order one time from The Sampler Girl just fell out of the box. I then thought how a finish in this frame would make a great display with my angel collection. So I worked this on a scrap piece of 28 ct cashel linen, in Light Terra cotta, stitching 1 over 1 and it fit perfectly in my little frame and will perch on my angel collection shelf.
The colors are more true in the second pic. Almost a hint of late summer, hint of Fallish maybe with that Terra Cotta color.


3 comments:

  1. Fabric and frame are a nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect! A lovely little stitchy pick-me-up. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable, Jennifer! And so perfect for that frame, and your angel collection!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.