Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Summer Abigail Sampler


The inspiration this afternoon.


after working with the basic ideas this is the colors I came out with here.
Because she is light tan and white, mostly white (ecru), I think I would choose a 32 count darker Belgian linen to work with but haven't started on it yet.
Just dabbling and playing, kinda like her today.


Her tail is a bit plumish, but it is in real life.
I put a smile in the pink heart contrasting 2 shades of pink.


The top border is a blend of CC Cottage Green and Pink Peony
Again, I'm just taking rough pics from the computer monitor.

And the bottom part.

She has an old black Dutch tin that I use to fill with doggie treats. She knows after play she gets a treat.
If you want to see her pink ears the largest, just say the word treat! I put her initial on her treat tin. ;)

I'm going to pull the colors (hopefully I have them) and see if they jive and play with it a little.

While I was away at the computer, she hopped on the sofa and literally shredded my printed color copy of the first one, so I guess she didn't like those colors.....LOL
Glad there is a SAVE button on the computer!
Hope your Tuesday went well today and your staying cool in your neck of the woods.
Till later,

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. Your Summer Abigail Sampler is adorable! I cannot wait to see the finished piece! Way to go with the designing! I wish I could find the courage to design too.

    Thank you for the walk down memory lane with your albums. I love music and had (have) a huge crush on Kenny Rogers too! What great music!

    Oh, and your Jane Austen sampler is coming right along! I love the colors...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute photo of Abigail and cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never figured out why dogs like to tear up paper so much - you can buy them a bunch of toys and they will go straight to the magazine

    I cracked up looking at the albums - Things certainly change over time - especially hair styles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are having fun with your designing software. Both samplers you created are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I did have fun today working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute inspiration you have to work with! Can't wait to see the finished sampler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet gesture by your vet!

    Love the Abby sampler...she is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job designing this little sampler for Abigail. I can't wait to see it stitched :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.