Thursday, April 29, 2010

Old Spools, color, scissors and thimbles

I'm tired....or in the mountains they say, I'm TARD!  LOL

And by the way, the BARE visited and strowed our trash everywhere this morning. He went next door and released a cord off the trash can and helped himself to dinner and ran off. He is quite BIG!

After work I the car immediately pulled into (with no control) one of my fave thrift shops/antique shops or whatever shops.

Here's my finds that made me giddy:



old spools with thread about 9 -10 inches long and old scissors



I love this textured thread







And if my breathe was not taken away by that, I found 2 packs of thimbles



tulip ones



red and blue bird ones



And I just opened these. Labeled in a bag of 2 "Delft" and so I couldn't resist the price at all!
Came home opened the bag and they are 2 of a set of 4 collectible Currier and Ives


Hard to show you the scene around, One says "At the Homestead in Winter"







My progress on LHN Always and Forever is so almost complete I can't stand it!  But by the time I got home, cooked supper, took Abbie for her first stroll, met new neighbors down the road and then they came and talked, then cleaned the kitchen, I'm a little pooped and that's after working all day out of town, thrift shopping and quilt store shopping. My vitamins must be working!


I will finish this sampler tonight......I will say this until it's done.

I found an idea when I get done what I will do with it.

I'm going to back it with some pretty homespun blue fabric and then sew to an old burlap bag with a string.



I haven't picked out the fab yet, but I have a few selections.....LOL


The old scissors I love!

As for the stroller and Abbie, her first go at it was ok. I didn't get a pic but maybe next time. The neighbors instantly thought we had a baby......and then Abbie plopped out of the thing and made a nose dive on pavement, thankfully not knocking out teeth but definitely examined and swooned over by BG as if she were totally devastated.
We then learned to use the zip around function on the pet stroller so she could ride along.

Our nice new neighbors who moved here from Alaska and also on the bear hunting night scene, loved her but Abbie bit at them and growled like I have never seen. I was so embarrassed. She has gotten quite an attitude lately but settled with a yam treat when she got home.

So GLAD tomorrow is Friday so I can crash and rest on Saturday and Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. This is too weird, I went to the thrift store after work tonight and I saw the two plates that match your two blue Thimbles. I didn't buy them, but if you collect C&I stuff I could go back and get them, I bet they are still there.

    I love those colorful spools and primitive scissors, what a great find.

    Smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that even though I don't collect stitchy things, those thimbles are just the cutest!

    Way to go Abbie for having a proper Chi attitude. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what great finds at the thrift shop! The spools, scissors and thimbles are really wonderful! I sure have never seen a find like that where I live. Most admit that I haven't been to many thrift shops though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stash, I too would have given every one of these lovelies a new home:) Good for you, congrats on your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! What lovely finds! I've bought a few spools but only a two had thread on them. Love all stitchy things old. The thimbles are to die for.
    Oh my Miss Abbie! What an attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds! Love the spools and thimbles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool finds at the thrift store. I only find "junk" out here in my neck of the woods.

    Yup, Abbie is pure Chi. Little dog, big tude. Gotta love her! My Chi is the same way, although she's alot older and crabbier, just like her mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIKES, searched for hours to re-find you;what lovely finds,sweet puppy and great posts;I remember those thimbles sold on the a home delivery page...so glad a sweetheart like you found them:)

    Hopeing I wasn't too late for the items I want, you inspire me to TRY at doing something on my blank blog page:)
    GailinVirginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. YIKES, searched for hours to re-find you;what lovely finds,sweet puppy and great posts;I remember those thimbles sold on the a home delivery page...so glad a sweetheart like you found them:)

    Hopeing I wasn't too late for the items I want, you inspire me to TRY at doing something on my blank blog page:)
    GailinVirginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIKES, searched for hours to re-find you;what lovely finds,sweet puppy and great posts;I remember those thimbles sold on the a home delivery page...so glad a sweetheart like you found them:)

    Hopeing I wasn't too late for the items I want, you inspire me to TRY at doing something on my blank blog page:)
    GailinVirginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to My Thimble Collection at http://mythimblecollection.blogspot.com/ and join Thimbles of the World at http://thimblesoftheworld.blogspot.com/ Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer