Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Great Evening

Tonight was great! We just got back after 5hours and grilled out with friends we haven't seen in quite a while, like 3 years. They cooked the best steaks, baked potatoes, sautee whole onions (definitely will try this), salad and rolls. Then even after all that we had peach cobbler and key lime pie. I'm stuffed! The weather is quite cool here tonight at about 60. Is this July? LOL

I did stitch a little before I left on the 1888 Ohio Quilt Posey by The Sampler Girl. I'm on a roll working 2 of the Companion Booklets. I love working these!

I have to share that I got this hornbook to go with one of the patterns in the Companion Booklet called Jonah's Hornbook. I really like it. Its a color called Ohio Cupboard Blue. However, when this came in the mail the conversation was like this:

Bodyguard: What is that?

Me: It's a hornbook for a stitching project.

Bodyguard: A what? (with a raised eyebrow)

Me: A hornbook.

Bodyguard: A what?

Then I showed him the picture with the sampler letters on it.............

Bodyguard: Oh........ok.

He still looked at it strangely. Anyway, I think it's pretty neat.



This is the picture of the finished one on the front of the Companion Booklet 3 by The Sampler Girl.

In order for this to be 6 inches to fit on the hornbook, I will need to stitch 35 ct as called for so, that means finding 35 ct soon.
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. The week ahead will be a busy one. Seems like we have something to attend after work or on my day off this week. Unfortunately, I thought my visit at Emory went well a couple of weeks ago, but they called me back urgently to make an appt because the radiologist read the MRI differently and they said there was an abnormal image at T1 so I have to go in for a CT scan on Tuesday. So we'll see. The week after I went, I didn't even have my cell phone on so I didn't get the message for about 10 days. So, trying to keep my mind busy. I may have to adopt the stitching rotation method........LOL
Thanks for all the comments and compliments on the Pinkwork Pinkeeps! And for all the readers of my blog, I do thank you for dropping by!

5 comments:

  1. I get a lot of blank looks from Jerry when I show him my craft projects! I hope you hear some good news from the next dr. visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the doc news isn't positive. Good luck in getting it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your second appointment clears up all the questions for you.
    Where did you buy the hornbook if you don't mind my asking? I have started a collection of hornbooks and that would make a lovely addition....Thanks Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you hear some good news from your doctor! Love your stitched piece and that hornbook is great. I'll have to look for one of those!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer