Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I hold dear to my heart for years



I have oodles of old papers from my children's young years, all in boxes. I saved them for times like these.
It reminds me of the truth, because children usually tell the blatent truth. I have tried many times to wean through these boxes but I just can't bring myself to throw not even one piece away. I've thought of scrapbooking them  and a few special drawings I have framed. Do you save your children's work? It's priceless to read with a hot cup of tea in hand and complete quiet.

Written to me by Brandon in 1995 in a school journal book assignment and will be saved forever

Hope your Friday, the beginning of a Mother's Day weekend is special. 

7 comments:

  1. Beutiful. Thanks for sharing. You've made me tear up. I have a 20 month old that is the most amazing thing in my life, and I am about to deliver my second baby girl any day now. Spring and Mother's day, what a perfect time of year.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the school papers from my youngest son..And I have a real cute story he wrote in grade school framed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special. I wish my daughter wasn't too cool to say she loved me. sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so precious! Makes you feel like you're doing something right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am a saver too!! Someday I hope to use some of those things to do a scrapbook.

    Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie, those are the words that count :)

    I saved the boys papers, crafts and even clothes from different milestones...LOL, I am a sap.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet! happy mother's day...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.