Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finished Egg Treat Bag by Shepherds Bush






Well, the afternoon went into the evening of finishing this Easter Treat Bag by Shepherd's Bush.  I finished the stitching, pressed the outer linen on the reverse side, then attached tediously the beading. I love the look that the beads add to the design!

I went to step number 3 at directions in starting to pull threads and hemstitching and I didn't do such a good job at that and very afraid of pulling the wrong threads so I finished in a regular manner with a ribbon I had in my stash. There was a pretty tiny pink ribbon which would have gone perfectly through the hemstitching but I was a chicken (no pun intended) and then stuffed it temporarily until I find some candy to put in it.

I then attached the charms in the kit to the ends of the bow. I have to admit my favorite is the Mr. Bunny charm! He reminds of Peter Cottontail, of which the program I never miss each year at Easter.

Off now to another WIP of whatever strikes my fancy in a minute. Keeping my hands busy.

Nite,
Jennifer

15 comments:

  1. The Easter Treat Bag is very pretty!!!! Great finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable treat bag, it's lovely. I agree with you about Peter Cottontail, a great finishing touch! Too Cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable treat bag, it's lovely. I agree with you about Peter Cottontail, a great finishing touch! Too Cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the Easter Treat Bag! And yes, the rabbit charm is the clincher. There is definitely something about him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! You did such a cute job! I really like the bunny charm and beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute Easter finish. Always enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed the gift!

    I had this pattern memorized last year and did a slew of them for grandsons and friend's grandchildren.

    Be well -
    Sandy in NJ
    Pecsan114@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable little Easter treat bag. Congratulations on a very nice finish.

    Take Care & Happy Stitching - Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.