Thursday, December 17, 2009

Around the Dalenberg house tonight


Finished the little ornie for Thomas. Design from the Kitty Kringle Christmas book by the Sampler Girl. Threads, DMC, natural 32 cot belfast linen. Fabric is wool from the quilt shop. I attached a jingle bell to the top and decided instead of fringing, to use my pinking shears for the outside.




This is one happy dog tonight. He has a new blanket and a new T-shirt.


It says Santas' little helper.





And finally decided on this prim candle. No wires, no electricity, all it uses 2 AA batteries and well hidden. The bottom screws off and then it softly blinks like a candle. I got the stand at the prim store after work. I like it because you can still see the stitching part while using it.


I also got several things I wanted to mail out together and at the door. This cleared alot of the kitchen island off. Now for something I started tonight called Window Scene by Brightneedle. I picked out the DMC colors and started the window sill. It makes about a 5 inch x 5 inch ornie.
I'll post more progress tomorrow.
Hope you are having a safe, happy holiday.
Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Little Ren! I'm glad he's all warm and cozy. I have a little Chi, named JuJu, she will be 11 come August and she is really starting to slow down. I love animals, but get very sad when they get older. Your little Abbie dog is a cutie! Showed her pic to my husband and tried to put in plug for another Chi....did not work. JuJu has totally ruined all the carpets in our house. That girl would not pee pee train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is Ren!! Love the sweater! And your ornament is darling as well as your new candle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Ren got a nice Christmas shirt. He's all decked out and ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute stuffs! I love your idea of the pinking shears--I need to get some of those. I think it looks better than the "official" finish. :D

    Looking foward to seeing your new start.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer