Friday, September 18, 2009

The Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about



What is the Hokey Pokey all about? Well, in doing some research I'm convinced that the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about.


Many meanings depicted in several cultures.


Balfour said his grandfather told him he thought of the ice-cream sellers of his youth when he was looking for a cheery title for a throwaway ditty.


"When he was a boy they used to come up and down the street shouting 'hokey pokey, penny a lump' to sell ice cream. The Canadian officer said to him why don't you change it to 'hokey cokey' because in Canada 'cokey' means 'crazy'."


In American the Hokey Pokey~~~~~~

sample instruction set would be:
You put your left leg in
You put your left leg out
You put your left leg in
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around
That's (clap) what (clap) it's (lift leg and clap under the knee) all (clap behind back) about (clap and raise right hand)...



In Italy~~~~~~~

An Italian ice cream street vendor was called a hokey-pokey man.



I agree with Canada history. It means crazy. This world is really alot of Hokey Pokey today.

I've even seen T-shirts with this phrase. I've always been intrigued by it and wondered what the origin of it exactly came to be. Crazy is a good phrase for our society today.


Crazy is what just about any family conjunction for me includes. And all I can do is hum the song Hokey Pokey inside while I smile and greet people who really want to hurt me or who have tremendously and it hurts to the core but I will have to keep humming the Hokey Pokey song.


Now, I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world with this feeling but do you ever get the feeling that some folks think it's ok to just hurt you? You know that feeling? Just supposed to smile and say nice stuff to folks who really want to hurt you?


Well, I"m convinced that the only way to deal in this day and time is to hum the song in your head, the Hokey Pokey, while they smile and greet you and feel that it's ok to be hurtful and basically hypocritical. Some folks do it well. I, unfortunately, do not.


I'm not about fakeness at all, contrary to what alot of folks are. And I've come to the conclusion today that the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about..............


so

put your right foot in

put your right foot out

put your right foot in

and shake it all about....


you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around....

that's what it's all about!


I got a lot of feeling that I"ll be doing the Hokey Pokey with people this weekend......LOL


Hope yours is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer