Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is at the bottom of my stitching closet is scarey

Found this old, old, dusty sewing cabinet for thread/spools and stuff. Had it a long time and will be taken out of the closet to the sewing room. Needs some lemon oil.
it looks gray, but it's really a nice dark wood.

I've been working on my sewing closet/stitching basket at the bottom......I put all the piles of stuff I've had for years on the floor and sat in yoga fashion to sort it out. Wouldn't you know that somebody came over while I was in the middle of this mess on the floor...........


Here is a scarey pile of floss that I have no idea what it belongs to. I'm like, should I save or should I throw away? I'm sure it belonged to kits from 20 years ago, which ones, I don't know.


Does anyone else have these odd thread piles?

I had a pack of needles that were 22, large enough for that Aida fabric I used to use.......... and then these little, tiny projects on Aida which I will probably not stitch so don't know what to do with them. If anyone wants these little projects, email me and I will be happy to sent them.


Now these I got last year but didn't finish them. I got them at Hobby Lobby for 1.50 around Christmas time. I thought they would make good ornaments. They are quite pretty, one is a pearl one and the two wooden ones look old and they could be used for small framing. Those are keepers.




And this bag goes to work with me for lunch hour sometimes. I know everybody has a stethoscope in their stitching bag, right????? LOL



It's for checking my heart rate and blood pressure when I've noticed I'm one wee thread off........

Well, I've made a royal mess trying to declutter and transfer from sewing nook closet to basement sewing area. Slow going too.
Got me a new pair of reading glasses today too. The grocery store kind. Went up a notch to 1.50.
Makes the stitching a little easier to see.
Tomorrow plan to pick up where I left off. Pack up my daughters sewing machine I've been using so she can get it next week. And now, I will be forced to get that CD out for my new one and learn how to use it.
So, I think, I'm calling it quits tonight on the sorting, cleaning, and strowing all the stuff from the kitchen to the closet to the family room to the basement now. Hubbie had to do hop-scotch over it to get to bed. He's a keeper too! He has to love me to put up with all my stitching frenzies!
Nite nite, don't let the needles bite!

3 comments:

  1. lol...isn't that great what you all find when you're cleaning up. Finding treasures and ..other things.
    Wishing you lots of fun trying out your new sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for you! I have so many closets and drawers just begging to be cleaned and sorted out!

    I love those frames! What a great find and would make wonderful ornament frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing what you pulled out of the dark recesses of your basement. It's kind of fun because you know that you'll always find a treasure or two.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer