Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Quiet Saturday for a change


Almost every Saturday for the past month has been a busy one. Today, just did alot of reading and reflecting. Just got to have a day like this occasionally. My stitching mojo today was low. So, no TV, just good dinner and conversation, catching up with friends and remembering to count my blessings.

Tomorrow we plan to work in BG's office area. He has some new shelving and this was soooo needed!

After a big breakfast we will get started on it together in the morning. 

But me? I'll be in MY office area across the way sorting and donating, and a bit of cleaning and the dreaded laundry piles from the laundry room too. Seems Sunday afternoons have become cleaning days. 

Today we did finally get a pet gate up at the top of the stairs for Miss Abbie. She was begining to frequently sleep in the guest room at night and by early morning, coming down for breakfast like she is a guest.

I did cruise some websites and found some really cool new scissors out.  Tempting to get, maybe one day.

I may be looking at doing another giveaway, and if so, it will be a new pair of scissors, so stay tuned! I don't think anyone can have enough scissors, right? ;)

I did get published a blog book, new volume from the past 6 months. I really enjoy doing that from time to time and it's a great way to store memories and journal entries, pics. Just go to Cutest Blog on the Block for information on how you can publish your blog in a book.

Hope your weekend is going well. Summer is definitely among us here with the humidity at high levels in North Georgia.

Till later,
Jennifer

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Jennifer,

    Great to read that you did have a quiet Saturday! And your eye; is it healed by now?
    You are a rather active lady so this one day is limited rest in comparison.
    Take care and have a productive Sunday.

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle about Abby and the guest room. She is a real little princess after all isn't she? What a darling.
    Congrats with publishing a new book. And good luck with tomorrow in the offices.
    You found some new scissors? What site did you find them? Looking forward to see what you ordered. I'm awaiting the pigeon scissors from France I ordered. Sigh...I'm addicted after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Saturday. Quiet and peaceful can refresh your soul, especially when you're usually busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a nice Saturday. The weather here in Chicago has been cool and nice. Yesterday was warmer but still not humid. Summer is great though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful weekend, we call those "regrouping weekends," and they are so well deserved. You must feel so good to be getting so many things done and your home just sounds gorgeous!
    Miss Abby is too cute, a dog gate sounds like a good idea.
    I can't wait to see your new scissors when you do get them. And, yes I agree one can never have too many scissors....just look at my scissor basket...giggle.
    Enjoy your breakfast and your day, and stay cool, Peaches.
    XOXO
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunday is cleaning day in our house as well. There's just something about starting a week fresh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I just started stitching again after so many years, the only scissors I have are a little pair of orange Fiskers! How embarrassing!! Guess I should buy myself a nice pair. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great weekend. My weekend is actually Sunday and Monday because of work schedules. My stepson has his summer leave and is here visiting to play golf and get his car inspected and play D&D and stuff like that. Only one more year and he's out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - look out for that scissor addiction! I got it from reading blogs, just sayin'

    Enjoy the weekend,

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer