Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In Recovery now and the day went well!

Thank you to all for the prayers, thoughts and encouraging messages for us. Even though I was alone, I didn't feel alone during at all this today and we couldn't have asked for a more smooth process through surgery today.

The surgeon spoke with me afterward and evidently his condition was worse than he initially thought so it was a good thing he went in this week.
He really recovered well, no nausea, just groggy.
After he got his first dose of truth serum (sedative) in his IV, he started talking all silly to me and kept winking at me. Then he started telling me all about some proposal he wrote at work and he thought it was there and he was quite humerous. The surgeon spoke with us while he got his IV sedation and BG asked for a belly ring once. I didn't know what was going to be coming out of his mouth next...... :0

Boy, that sedation really acts differently with people.

Then, they put me back out in the waiting room and I stitched, completely with my scroll frame and got a little done while waiting. It definitely got alot of conversation starters with strangers. Like "what is that?" The nurse said, "I've never seen one of those before (looking at my scroll frame, what is it called?" I said "Oh, that is a scroll frame". She said, "it's called a Girlfriend?"
I don't know how she heard that but I said, no a scroll-frame. But here in and after I will now called my frame, The Girlfriend.

They didn't keep him overnight but told me not to leave his side for 24 hours. He is doing well with pain managment and no nausea at all. I've unloaded the car of all the stuff we took and got a few pics (with his consent). I know he is getting better. He is asking for Chex mix until I get some grits cooked.

He says to tell everybody "HEY"
He is giggly after his pain med again and said "I like this position, this position is nice". LOL


Between short naps, he snacks on Chex mix.

Then back out again.


I have some heart candles on for ambience........LOL

This is a pic, by the way, of me when I was about 5 years old. My grandmother on the right, who passed away when I was only 7 and was an influential woman in my life for my 7 short years. She also believed in grits for comfort food. :)





Grits from the granary is Body Guards request for supper. Yes, I'm a Southern girl and I love grits. As he is from Illinois, he learned to like grits over the years and now he also likes them for comfort food with a soft scrambled egg.

These grits are the real thing too. I usually go the granary and get a bag which lasts a long time. This bag I got from someone at work at Christmas, 'cause they know I'm a grits girl.
Yellow grits. You gotta try 'em.
Well, back to tending and chores so I can sit down and watch the President's State of the Union Address.
Till later and again, thanks for all your prayers.
Jennifer

18 comments:

  1. Here's to a quick recovery for the Bodyguard and a hug for you, sweetie. Remember to get your rest too, Miss Abbie needs her Mama well ;)
    Hugs and prayers
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy. No fun for him or you either for that matter. Take care of yourself too. We are with you in spirit. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see BG is doing well. Prayers to him for an easy and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the meds have kicked in! Take good care and here's hoping the recovery is smooth and quick.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending a quick recovery wish for BG!
    Get lots of rest and feel better soon.... Abbie needs her play toy to fell better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your hubby had his surgery already, now I'll pray for a quick healing for him!, now both of you need a good rest..., and please take good care of yourself!
    I was asking you about the scroll frame in the comment I left you yesterday, I see I wasn't the only one intrigued, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope BG is better soon! I love grits. My grandmother always had them for me growing up as a kid and I have them from time to time now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the BG is feeling better every day! He looks pretty cozy on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the surgery went well and hopefully BG will recover fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending best wishes for a full and speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope BG has a quick and complete recovery. Take a bit of time for yourself while he naps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that all went well. I was thinking of you both yesterday!

    Here's to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that BG is doing well. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I love grits too so I know what you mean about comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad BG's surgery went well! And those grits sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad the surgery went well. Hope the recovery goes as smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh golly I sure do hope the doctor recovers soon. Poor lil' cutie, with his Chex Mix ;)
    And I must say, we've got a Grist Mill down the road and there ain't nothin' like yellow grits! YUM-O...
    but the way I like them salty with butter is a whole lotta points when your trying to follow WW :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear the surgery went well. Now on to a quick recovery! BTW, those grits look divine! I'm a southern girl too and there is just somthin' about grits...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping that the Bodyguard is on the mend. Had Grits once and didn't care for them :) Maybe I'll try it again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer