Saturday, May 9, 2009

Progress on Herow by Bent Creek

Thursday afternoon, I went to get a haircut and guess what? A new quilt shop right beside the salon.....AND......they were having a one day "tour of quilt stores" event where folks from all over North Georgia were going to different quilt shops and they were having specials. So, after I got a trim, I went over and got 3 fat quarters to use with some stitching projects. Also, found out that the shop is having quilting classes beginning on Sat June 20th from 9-11a through 6 weeks. I have never quilted but this did peak my interest.
Worked on Herow by Bent Creek a bit and hope to finish it up tonight. While at the quilt shop I found this neat fabric with stars in the same blues and reds which would look great with it.
I have put it in the basket this afternoon to show you. Haven't decided how to utilize the fabric with it yet. Any ideas are welcome!
We went over to a place in Clarksville today to look for a frame but the warehouse has completely sold out! Very surprised......so, dropped over to an antiquey, seconds store and found this basket, made by a local there in Clarksville. Very pretty!


the star fabric from the quilt store in Dahlonega.............

My progress so far............

in my basket from Clarksville.........

So, here we are after a full day of adventures. We also test drove some cars at a dealership. We have it until Monday. We are looking at a Malibu which is so much better on suspension and doors are much lighter than the Mustang. I really don't want to part with my Mustang, it's a beautiful color but for health reasons, looks like I'm going to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.