Monday, April 6, 2009

Progress on The Sarah Bottomley Sampler from The Scarlett Letter




Whatever the opposite of the happy dance is what I am doing right now because I can't seem to get my camera to focus and get good color. Its just not like my previous Kodak camera! I think a new camera is on my wish list this year, where I can take close-up photos. I think I took about 20 pictures before I could get one to either not appear too dark or too flushed out; however, on a better note, here is my progress on the Sarah Bottomley Sampler from the Scarlett Letter. I love the silk floss colors. I think the teal colors look great with the buttery color of the 30 ct fabric. Fabric and floss kitted from the Scarlet Letter. Sorry about the wrinkles in the linen.
Out of the 800 medical conference attendees last week, I noticed about 5 knitters and myself cross stitching. I think that's the first time I stitched while listening to........gosh, you don't want to know the intimate GYN topics..........but...........got some stitching accomplished. :0
Well, today is the coldest April day I can remember, with snow in the forecast tonight........in Georgia. I'm catching up on email and listening to the world news~~~~no wonder I have insomnia! I'm pretty tired after my first day back at work. I had alot of catching up to do but the Virgo side of me stayed late tonight until I had caught up on paperwork.
Ok, I know my mind is still with work, as I'm thinking to myself and diagnosing a possible thyroid disorder with the news reporter...........LOL

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the sampler (will have to look it up), but I love the colors that you're using for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, Deb! I posted the website you can go see the finished one. I'm only dreaming to get this finished one day!! LOL I do love the teal and the butter linen. The linen from the Scarlett Letter (if you get it kitted by them) is pretty stiff actually and wrinkles really easy but I think its better to stitch on....to adjust the tension because of that. The silks they use are nice. They glide through and makes me wonder why I go back to DMC cotton. The door to the house is that beautiful teal color. The instructions on the pattern encourage using your own name instead of the Sarah one but if it's truly a reproduction I think I"m going to stitch it as is with the 1827 date on it. I don't know how other people do it, would love to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer