Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Quilt shop in Hawaisee Georgia

Yesterday, we were talking about a good quilt shop in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee where I visited back in January and couldn't remember the name of it........know that sounds strange. Most of the things in this store were finished quilts. Even though I'm not a quilter, I like to look around at the different fabrics in these kinds of stores, just plain eye candy if you ask me!
The LNS nearest where we live is in Hawaisee, Ga, called The Dogwood Patch. The owner, Terri is just the nicest person you will ever meet and almost always has whatever you need to kit up a project. Conveniently located next door is a quilt shop, Log Cabin Patchworks and you an go to the website here: http://www.logcabinpatchworks-quilting.com/index.html
I have been in there a couple of times and the prettiest fabric is a whole wall of Confederate Period fabric, beautiful fabric, very vintage. The colors are so overwhelming beautiful that it would be hard not to get more than a few fat quarters. I actually haven't gone to their website until today but I thought I would share with all those quilters looking for special fabrics. I think they have a log cabin just entirely devoted for sewing retreats and quilting classes and Deb, thought of you when I saw all these quilts!!
There is no better place to relax than the North Georgia mountains and was part of the reason why we moved here 8 years ago.
Terri at the Dogwood Patch also has stitching camps and her website is here:
http://www.dogwoodpatch.com/
Stay safe and until next time,
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I would think I'd died and gone to heaven if I found a quilt store and a stitching store close to each other! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think that I'd died and went to heaven if I would a LNS and a quilt shop near each other! How much fun is that!!! Love the info on the quilt stores - always looking for another source to get my $$$$'s. LOL I got a little sparked yesterday and dragged out a couple quilt WIPs to dally with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting looks so rewarding but oh so hard to do, to get all those perfect angles and stuff......
    I love looking at old quilts in antique stores and second hand stores. I always think about all the work that has gone into them.
    I forgot to mention to that there is a framing shop too right by the cross stitch store and the quilting shop. I got the Quaker Christmas sampler framed at that store.
    One time when I went in the quilt shop, I got a couple of fat quarters to back some stitching projects and got a piece that was the most unusual tealish,green-blue, kinda muted, with small flowers. I found it over in the Confederate fabric part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I found the place, All Tucked In
    http://thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_sevier/all_tucked_in_sevierville_tn.htm

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer