Saturday, January 23, 2021

Old Quilt/Embroidery Finds at the Thrift Store--Parasol Ladies

It's been a long time since my last post but I thought I would share some things I found at a local thrift store! I've been trying to find more information about what year this possibly could be. There are 2 pillows that are finished of applique quilt pieces and look to be made from feed sack cloth. I'm sure the colors are faded from what they were back in the years it was made.

Mostly what I've found is consistent with the 20s/30s decades and the quilt pattern is Parasol Ladies. This pattern is similar to the Sunbonnet Sue. I really liked the detail!



Is this hand embroidered edges or machine?
I would love to know.



The second pillow I found with it that has green colors but not stuffed.
The underneath looks handsewn embroidered.




Quite a bit of wear in some places.


The filling part of the interior is heavy and almost a solid flannel feel. Definitely not poly.

The information I found mostly was about quilts/quilt blocks. If anyone has ever seen these and has good knowledge about what year these were made, please send me a comment below!


Miss Abbie says "Hello" to all our followers and friends. She is still my lump of sugar and my best friend.

I hope to be blogging more often again. So check back soon!

Take care,

Jennifer


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're really a pleasant sight to see Jennifer! Hope you are well, Happy New Year 2021! Smoochies for Miss Abbie:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer