Monday, February 18, 2019

To Everything There Is a Season and Purpose

Hello and Yes.....it's been awhile, 18 months or so since my last post. For the last 13 months I have been recovering from a major car accident. I was on the interstate on January 16, 2018 going to a new job that I know I would have loved for sure when my life changed in a crash. I don't remember much of the first 3 months except getting a concussion again a month later falling down stairs from vertigo. It has been a tough year but I'm so much better now. I had to go through months of speech therapy to basically learn how to speak again. It left me with a TBI and stuttering/stammering. Needless to say that was very isolating but I've since on most days sound normal again but if I'm tired or anxious I still may stammer or stutter.
At the TBI center I went through alot of memory work and still make it a point daily to exercise my brain using apps, games, reading, knitting, writing, etc.
For a long time I wondered why on Earth would God allow this to happen but then I remembered that everything happens for a reason and I may never truly know but............I do know whatever it is God will make it for the good!
Being grateful is top priorty!



Things I learned from the experience:


  • life is short. Don't take one day for granted.
  • God allows things to happen for a reason. We have to trust Him to heal us and prepare us for the next step in life.
  • Persistance is crucial. Its 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
  • We are stronger than we think we are.
  • Don't take speech for granted.
  • Make lists, and more lists
  • write everything down!
  • not everyone will understand but that's ok.
  • do everything your doctor tells you. Everything.
I could go on and on but to keep it shorter, let's just say I'm lucky I'm alive. Although the journey is long, I have been through most of it. I'm more aware of things that matter. People that matter and those that really are draining.

The cross stitch bug is biting me again lately. I'm frequently torn between knitting and cross stitching samplers. I love both!!!!

I also started an ebay business last Summer that is doing quite well. 

I'm in the process or organizing a knit group. 

Alot going on but I'm so ready for Spring!!!!! 

And ummm........flipping through some ideas online and considering moving this in our kitchen for functional use. Found a really neat You Tube video of kitchen decor and functional use of the Sellers Hoosier cabinet that would work well in our house too and allow me to use the flour sifter in the middle (built in) and the extended ceramic top for baking needs.

Yep, this may just get a new purpose in the kitchen.

I think Mr. Darcy did a good job at refinishing this cabinet years ago.

Here's to new purposes on a Monday!!! ✍


8 comments:

  1. When my son was 12 years old, he was hit while walking on the sidewalk by a drunk driver. He suffered a TBI and we were told that he would never talk, walk, or function at all. Well, fast forward 30 years and he has two bachelor degrees and is working in the medical field. He is married with a child and they own their own home. So much just has to be left in God's hands as He is the Great Healer. Keep striving, You have no limits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful you had to go through this and I am glad you are on the mend and stronger for this. Nice to read your blog again. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! So sorry to hear of what you have & continue to go through will put you in my prayers...sounds like you have found a new passion to keep busy with blessings with that! Take good care Jennifer..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I'm so sorry you went through so much! I totally understand and you're right about attitude. It makes such a huge difference. Plus God. How could we get through these things without Him?

    I'm so glad you're mending well and back to doing the things you love! That makes my heart happy. I'm glad to see a post from you - I think of you often and love to come by and visit.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK you to ALL of you for your encouragement! You really made my day. Hey Julie, my memory is still having patches here and there, do you live in North GA? I probably should know but I've been through alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's understandable that your memory would be in patches! You've been through a lot! No, I live in Northern Arizona. In fact, we are having a huge snowstorm right now that has me indoors reading, crocheting and doing cross stitch. Not a bad way to spend my time! lol :D

      Delete
  6. Oh Jennifer....It makes my heart smile to see you posting once again. I just read your message also and will be answering that. Keep your chin up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see your blog again and that you are living your new normal. Speech is so hard to learn again. My daughter was diagnosed with oral cancer 3 1/2 years ago and after 11 hours of surgery had to learn to talk and and again. A rough road. Praying you continue to improve and enjoy life.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer