Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Colberth Rock Shawl and A Thrift Store Find

 Yesterday, I picked up a  shawl I started.......ok, wait for this now.......July 4th. 2017!

 It use to be a free pattern on Ravelry Now it's a few bucks so looking for the pattern was necessary. I finally found it (the last 2 pages of it) and picked up where I left off in the mesh lace. Then about 16 rows down I obviously dropped several stitches in one place. Trying to mend lace was not successful so I frogged about 16 rows. I found a rest row (knitting all stitches) and picked up with a smaller needle finally. The yarn is Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine  and is 40% alpaca. Its a beautiful, soft red. 

After knitting a pair of socks, switching to size 9 US needles with worsted weight was very different.

I frogged almost back to the point where I picked it up. I may have shown this on the blog in the distant past as I started it a long time ago but here's a few pics from then. The true color is in the last 2 pics.

The Colberth Rock Shawl by Rhonda Craven (in progress)




Mystitchmarkers match the yarn :) 


I'm on the second skein now.




It's really a basic triangular shawl.


591 yards of cushiony, soft goodness.


The label has suggestion to use size 7 needles and I started it out like this but my tension must be tight because I ended up switching to a size 9 into the mesh lace portion.

And now.


Definitely will need some good blocking.



And my latest thrift store find!

A wood bowl and some old spools.




just because.........



I have a little soft spot for old sewing notions


and wood bowls........


And I'm getting the bug on this very rainy day to do some thrifting again. It just makes a dreary day brighter.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer