Sunday, January 20, 2013

Progress on my Kindle Cozy

Almost finished on the Kindle Cozy. I just found the pattern AFTER I had almost finished it on craftgossip.com

http://www.crochet.craftgossip.com/kindle-cozy/2011/07/30/

Here is the tutorial above (for some reason this one won't do automatic click on so you'll have to type it in the search). I cast on the same amount in the pattern but I'm using bigger needle so I have about 1-2 inches space of which my pouch will hold a pair of reading glasses inside with my Kindle.
I didn't even think about lining it with fabric. I have not done that before so this is where I am now and the fabric I picked out of my stash cabinet to line it with.

I am going to try to make a flower from some leftover fabbie of the same as the pattern calls for. The yarn is Bernat Softee chunky in Teal. It's 100% Acrylic so not AS soft as the scarf yarns I had but I hope durable and for the purpose of making my Kindle cozy. :o





I'm near finished with the knitting part. Most of the rest is sewing by hand. 

I charged up my Kindle yesterday and reading a book called, A Man After God's Own Heart by R. T. Kendall.................  OK, that is really strange I'm talking about a Kindle Cover and I just had to look up the author of the book and his last name is Kendall!

Anyhoo, this is a book about David and the application of the life of David to our lives. The psalmist was a bit of a muse for this author all his life he says and he has written a book to study his life in more depth.
He says that we all can identify at some point in our lives to David. I know for sure I can.

When this is finished, I plan to pick up where I left off on the Downton Abbey sampler. And in fact, watching the next episode tonight with Mr. Darcy, I may just do that! Don't forget ~~~~ Downton Abbey tonight!

I hope you have a beautiful cozy and warm Sunday,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the nice chart. is anything light brown except beak, feet and gent's shirt? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.