Sunday, March 20, 2011

While the world is in turmoil........

I hook. I sew. I stitch. I design. I stress. I stare at the TV in awe.

Yep, I wouldn't call myself a professional hooker but I was determinedd to fix this chair cushion that Abbie tore up before it was paid for. LOL  I don't know if you have seen this in the past but now it's semi-fixed.
I don't have hooking supplies but I sat down and used a large needle and knitting needle to poke this back and through until I thought it was presentable enough as a headrest on my stitching chair! :p



 Yeppers, she doesn't want to talk about it, her separation anxiety when I'm at work or upstairs.




She tries to keep her place nicely.



 But obviously had a bad day a few months ago.

I think she wanted me to learn to be a hooker.



The pillow she dug in was not as bad, not at all, so a quick fix for it.





This is when I took up the practice of yoga for times like these.



I love yoga now and it's part of my daily activities.

 Now that Obama has dipped us in a 3rd war at the same time, I probably will be practicing 3 times a day.

I digress.......

But honestly, power yoga is not a good first one to start unless you have muscle relaxers handy at the house.

 I have gotten into this level now, still a little sore the next day but better.

Last night I started stitching another blue sampler. My brother-in-law, his wife, and my MIL lost their little Pepsi doggie a couple of weeks ago and I was inspired to make Sir Pepsi a pillow keep.
I started by putting a rainbow in the middle and this is the part I have left to stitch.
I stitched it on a piece of linen of which I didn't have labeled but it's a Smokey Blue color. 32 count. Any guesses?



Using CC Cornflower Blue, Chili Pepper, and Gold Leaf so far. Today I will put the Rainbow above this with year when he crossed Rainbow Bridge.


Abbie met Sir Pepsi last September on our trip to Chicago.

He will be missed.

I visualize one day both meeting again with us across Rainbow Bridge where there is lots of green grass and no more illnesses, just sunshine and peace.

9 comments:

  1. aww poor Abbie .. at least you managed to fix the damage PHEW ..lol ... mmmm we are having a Tai Chi taster session next week so I will let you know how I get on .. bending is not normally and option for me ..lol ... love the little keep you are doing for sir pepsi a lovely idea :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new background page. And I love what I can see of the against domestic violence sampler-would love to make one. A friend of mine from work lost his daughter to domestic violence-the family-her sister especially and all the extended is raising her daughter 6mos at the time-4 now-surrounded by tenderness and unfailing love. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Pepsi's stitched piece will be a lovely memorial. Isn't the Rainbow Bridge a wonderful way to think of our animal memories? It gives so much comfort. Thanks for sharing, and condolences to Pepsi's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so kind of you to stitch something for your relatives to remember Sir Pepsi....yes, I, too, imagine that someday I will be reunited with my Max and all our other sweet pets at the Rainbow Bridge.

    They bring us so much unconditional love and faithfulness!

    Evelyn in NN VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy looking at your progress pics, and those of your Abbie!

    I had to laugh at one of the statements you made early on about not calling yourself a professional hooker. If those who read this didn't know you were talking about needlepoint...LOL! Now that's funny. But, you did a great job restoring what Abbie tore apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abbie and my Meah are so much alike, she has her own blanket as well, and likes to bury herself in, and the separation anxiety they both have it down to a T. Some days I don't know how I get out the door for work.
    LiBBiE in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great repair job. Nice start on the tribute to Pepsi too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor sweet Abbie....Teagan has such bad separation anxiety and tends to take it out on the toilet paper roll, it aint easy being a Mommy to these little ones :)
    Sending condolences to Pepsi's family for his passing, the sampler is so sweet. I know that all our dearly missed pup babies are just waiting for us on the Rainbow Bridge.
    XOXO
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand doggies having seperation anxiety! Boy do I!!

    Hey...I know that sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer