Monday, August 9, 2010

Midnight Progress

This weekend was full of stitching or reading. I've started the book Redeeming Love and so far it's a bit sad in the beginning but the author writes where you can easily follow and is definitely a book I don't want to put down tonight.

I put some more time into the Abbie Summer Sampler. I'm changing things around as I stitch and I will have to go back and conform the pattern. I know that's backwards but I digress......everything looks different on linen.

And if that were not enough, I got about 2/3 of a new sampler designed, called Abbie Goes to the City with a September/ Fallish theme and a memory keeper for our trip we are taking.

Back to the Summer one.


32 count Bo Peep Belfast linen ( a beautiful light, light pink shade)
Crescent Colors and Weeks Dye threads
Still needing more work but I stopped here for the night.

Still loving the Kelmscott Lace Scissors too.

The piece that I'm working on for the September one has many Fallish colors in it for the windy city of Chicago. So stay-tuned. It's larger and will require alot of needle burning hours. I ordered many overdyed threads to expand my stash selections and can't wait till they come in the mail.
Color, color, color. Can't get enough of color.

Here's hoping you have a restful night and a great early Monday morning. Many counties around our area are starting back to school in the morning.

Nite

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the new Abbie Sampler I think you are on a great start to a new design career.
    Good luck on the Abbie Sampler.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet stitching! Those Lace scissors are on my list~~perhaps a treat for me once I've gotten all the kids back to school things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend sounds like it was filled with just the kind of peaceful pursuits that would fill your spirit with happiness and contentment. I would love to see your Abigail piece when it is finished. Have a lovely trip too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer