Monday, May 25, 2009

In Honor of Memorial Day

Yep, up late again. Officially Memorial Day. Got some stitching done today but not much else. I'm in a slump I think. It has rained here so hard today and for so long that I really cannot remember in the last couple of years when the rain has been so much. There was a time when we had a drought but the lakes are all up now and I do believe that sunshine would certainly be a welcome scene tomorrow. Haven't heard yet if we are having more flooding rains but oh, my it's time for Sunshine!
Cooked some pork chops, rice, and black-eyed peas with a sour cream pound cake for dessert for supper. Quite yummy.
To add to the dreariness this weekend, I got a call last night that my cousin, age 40, died from a long-term illness of a brain tumor and his funeral will be Tuesday. The funeral will be 5 hours away from here and I really don't know yet if I can make the trip with all the neck issues I'm having.
So between the heavy rain, dark clouds, Brandon leaving for Afghanistan, and then the news of my cousin dying, I can't say the weekend is a happy one.
I hope that everyone else is having a fun stitchy weekend! Stay safe and enjoy the time off.
Nite nite,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.