Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today's Adventures

Threads for upcoming projects from the Dogwood Patch in Hawaisee and the cutest little 2 inch scissors I got in the mail from The Sampler Girl today. They are so tiny and perfect for traveling. The light blue fabric piece is for the Dancing by the Light of the Moon by Primative Traditions.

Some fat quarter pieces of Confederate Period fabric


I have no idea what I will do with the star fabric yet. These pieces came all rolled up in one little package.


Bodyguard and I went to Hawaissee, Georgia today.....not too far from where we live, so the drive was a curvy, mountain......40 minute drive. When we got there we went straight for Daniel's restaurant which serves buffet with the best fried chicken I've ever eaten in my life! Lots of healthy vegetables and cornbread and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Then I headed over to the LNS and took my list of threads I needed for upcoming projects. Also got a light blue fabric for the Dancing with the Light of the Moon piece. Thinking ahead is definitely necessary when you live in the country! LOL

The quilt shop, conveniently located next door to the LNS, was just about to close but able to get a few small pieces of fabric for finishing projects. I absolutely get lost in their Old Civil War, Confederate Period reproduction fabrics.

Then, we stopped at an antique store and looked around there for a while......till they closed.......we closed all the shops!

Back through Helen we stopped at the Dutch store which is all imported from Holland. Delft, delft, and more delft.....kinda like a candy store. After drooling over all the delft pieces, we walked back through the rain and to home where I briefly tried to catch the news on TV. I finally just turned the TV off and reading through some blogs now before I stitch a little and go night-night. Sipping on a nice cold glass of wine to relax.........can I pour you a glass?
Hope you are having a good weekend.....
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer