Friday, March 20, 2009

A New Stitching Spot

This piece I'm working on is a freebie from The Sampler Girl called "Bloom Where You are Planted". I started out over 2 threads but the fabric was too small so I started over doing one over one thread. This fabric actually is leftover from 2 other pieces I stitched. I'm using every last bit of it. This little pic will probably go in a 4 or so inch frame and sit in front of the tulips on the kitchen island. The calender in the back of the desk is a gift sent last week from my mom. It has beautiful pictures on a flip chart monthly.






I had to put my thinking cap on when the kitchen island stayed cluttered with my stitching stuff and I came up with this idea. I had a table out on the screened in back porch that really was not getting used at all, so I cleaned it up and put it near a window in the dining room with a lamp I had in another room and my stitching light over the table. It really made the perfect stitching table and now I can spread my colors out and not worry about digging through it just to find a spot to eat supper. Also helps me not to worry that something will get spilled onto it accidentally.
Yesterday, I used it during the day and the light coming in the window was perfect.
We definitely are using every square foot of our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer