Friday, March 20, 2009

A New Stitching Spot

This piece I'm working on is a freebie from The Sampler Girl called "Bloom Where You are Planted". I started out over 2 threads but the fabric was too small so I started over doing one over one thread. This fabric actually is leftover from 2 other pieces I stitched. I'm using every last bit of it. This little pic will probably go in a 4 or so inch frame and sit in front of the tulips on the kitchen island. The calender in the back of the desk is a gift sent last week from my mom. It has beautiful pictures on a flip chart monthly.






I had to put my thinking cap on when the kitchen island stayed cluttered with my stitching stuff and I came up with this idea. I had a table out on the screened in back porch that really was not getting used at all, so I cleaned it up and put it near a window in the dining room with a lamp I had in another room and my stitching light over the table. It really made the perfect stitching table and now I can spread my colors out and not worry about digging through it just to find a spot to eat supper. Also helps me not to worry that something will get spilled onto it accidentally.
Yesterday, I used it during the day and the light coming in the window was perfect.
We definitely are using every square foot of our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.