Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dutch Alphabet by Sheepish Designs--framed tonight
















Here are a few views of my Dutch Alphabet by Sheepish Designs. It will reside over my kitchen sink. I'm so glad to be finished. I started this in 2007 and in between numerous other finishes, finally finished and framed.The piece actually is in memory of my deceased Dutch father-in-law, Jim Dalenberg because hubbie said he would love it. So, I put his tiny name "Jim" into the design where you would have to look really hard to find it.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this. It's the perfect compliment to your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too!!!! Thanks for reading my blog.
    I started this in 2007 and finally finished it as I put it down several times to do others. I thought I would never get the actual linen straight on the board but it looks ok. I think I was half asleep last night when I was doing it but determined to get it framed. I just love it with my kitchen too......It was one of those designs that was easy to travel with because it only used one color, Charcoal from Weeks Dye.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this when I was searching for Sheepish Designs! Dawn Bradford is one of my very favorite designers! I absolutely love anything she did. Terri called her to see if she would do a class, and she was told no. I wish Dawn Bradford would release her retired charts digitally like Mary Beale. That way she would be making money for her work instead of ebay. It does look great over that window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jennifer, love you
    finished piece from Sheepish Designs, I also am a lover of her designs and have collected them all throught the years.

    Vilma

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer