Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throwback Thursday---A little Sampler Revisited


Blooms in August
designed by Feathers in the Nest

Just a little bright thought of my past creative spirit to a pattern I created back a couple or few years ago in August in memory of my son Aaron. I'm sad to say I haven't stitched this one but it's calling me to do so.

In August, it's always that last heat, the last flowers bloom from the Summer to make room for the beautiful Fall mums and other varieties more favorited for cool weather.

Although it's been posted before, I thought I would repost this year because it's one my favorite samplers that I have designed. Being small in nature, I should start on it and maybe I will now.

 Please use the colors in the design as they have special meaning in this sampler. You can choose any blues or golds/yellows. 

Linen --- of choice

Thank you for keeping copyright guidelines for designers!

I hope you have a great day! Today is nice and sunny and really not too humid for the past couple of days. I'm sure out in the sun, it's pretty warm, like August is usually, but we can sense the change, the ever-so-slight change towards Fall air at night.

 September is right around the corner with promises of new beginnings and opportunities for us all if we seek them.

“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

2 comments:

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer