Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Free Sampler The Star~~a Christmas card for you

Good morning!
 
As we all get busy the week before Christmas with so many distractions, events to attend, friends to see, gifts to deliver, etc, that I wanted to say thank you to each and every reader for making my 5th year of blogging very special. Thank you for all the "gifts" you send to me with comments, personal emails and love. It means more to me than you know.

I wish I had could have a huge giveaway this week and have at least 10 winners but finances this year just didn't make that happen. I'm content though with what I've been blessed with, even the hardships because without them, lessons would not be learned, life would not be sharpened and my faith any more challenged.

Christmas, we all hope, is a happy time for families to get together and just be in touch at least once a year but for many, it is not a day of happiness but emptiness. Hardships of all kinds abound today and I hope in some tiny way at least, that writing and encouraging, offer hope throughout our journey in life. I enjoy helping people. I always have. The part of Christmas I enjoyed was seeing the faces of my kids open their presents that I had so thoughtfully put away for them and hoped it was an equal amount. :) 

Just like life ebbs and flows, those days are gone and as I get older, I find that things change and evolve in a different way. God has blessed us with the ability to create.  To bless others. To pay it forward. The faces of happiness that are more meaningful are those that enjoy the journey with us unconditionally and the acceptance of what our strengths and weaknesses are a part of everyday life.

I hope for all of you who take the time to pop in every now and again, that you have a very happy and blessed Christmas whether you are with the ones you love or not. Just remember that God gave His only son and this is the greatest gift of all. He always will love and protect you. The assurance that He will never abandon us is surreal.

If there is a time I watch TV it's probably this time of year, when the days are short and the nights are longer and the time between supper and bedtime is more settled in. I watched a Christmas movie on the Inspiration channel this week, The Nativity and it was the THE best representation of the Christmas story. The actors that played Mary and Joseph were exactly like I had them pictured in my mind when reading the Bible. I hope this movie comes on again before Christmas because I could watch it again and again. When the angel came to Mary and then to Joseph to direct their paths, to explain and not to be fearful, I was touched deeply. I was also amazed at the star that shown so brightly bringing them all together. The Star that gave them direction if only they accepted it.

Sometimes I wish I had a big star when I look in the sky that would shine on and off and directly in certain directions to know when something is God's will. But we actually have better than that now. We have Jesus in the flesh, His word for guidance. I am in no way perfect at all. None of us are and I am so thankful for Christ's birth, for His life He gave to cover our sins when we ask forgiveness.

So the inspiration for this sampler Christmas Card to you for 2013 and because I literally cannot mail every reader a card as I wish, I hope you print this off and keep it for some stitching time. 

Matthew 2:10
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.

Sometimes on this journey of life it's hard to find the answers. We search for the star or the direction. Even though we don't always know the answer or even why we are on such a journey, we can be reassured that after we find the star, the direction, the answer, the meaning, then it will be followed by great joy.

The STAR will show the way.

Christmas miracles do really come true.



The Star
 
designed by Feathers in the Nest
 
copyright 2013
 
linen of choice
 
colors suggested are Weeks Dye Works
 
Deep Sea
Morris Blue
Aqua
Blue Topaz
Gold Leaf
 
Please do not kit to sell and reproduce only through needle and thread. Also, if you are on FB where I put the design, please do not tag or share without giving credit to the source.
I so thank you for respecting this.
 
If you stitch this one up, please send me a picture and I will post on the blog and FB page!
 

 
 Sipping my second cuppa,
Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!! Thank you for such a lovely piece to stitch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely design!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet sampler Jennifer. Your blog words were very uplifting to me today since I've been feeling a little 'blue'. God is in control and I just have to focus on Him a lot more. We watched the "Nativity" movie as well and really enjoyed it. I don't know if it was the same one you watched, but we don't have a lot of tv channels like that so we rented it. Wishing you and your hubby a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely design Jennifer! I think I'll stitch this one up!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely design. Perfect to end what has been a miserable year for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty pattern! Thanks for sharing.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer