Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thank a Soldier sampler



Thank a Soldier Tag
designed by Feathers in the Nest
copyright 2011

I enjoyed writing my first snail mail and packing a little box of goodies to reach my adopted soldier.

I sent him some pics from our local area that I took on Easter with the beautiful flowers, a booklight, a book, and a funny DVD movie with his letter.

I haven't stitched this up yet but thought I would share as through the blog I've received alot of military family personal emails and thought you might want to stitch one up as a gift tag with you package or to a family who could send with their gifts!

The Colors I'm using are Freedom and Liberty. I love those blue colors for Americana pieces but of course you can stitch in your colors of choice.

It's simple and a quick finish that will bring a smile to someone special.

Had a great day here at the homestead doing alot of reading, planning, and finally deep cleaned the screened in back porch with the Shop Vac.

For your progress on WIPS, post
 

 Have a great Monday morning.
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. You're up and about your business early on Monday! What a great piece to share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Jennifer! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful. Thanks so much. I've saved it. Now to find a soldier's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, thanks for this pattern. My son is returning to Iraq for his 4th tour in June and it will be great to stitch and send in the first goody box I send to him.
    I have been saving a lot of your designs to stitch; really love them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer