Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday thoughts, answers, and a Winner!


Today I'm:
  • eating left-over hot, fresh Krispy Creme Doughnuts with a pot of decaf perked coffee and chatting morning-chat with my hubby. Miss Abbie is warming up by curling on my lap and has surpassed the meaning of a "lap dog" by at least a mile. She loves me moren'herchicken1toy.
  • thinking about last night when I took a spontaneous trip to the Mall of Georgia which is like any mall on steroids to me.  We have a love/hate relationship...LOL. I love the mall!  and I .....LOVE the mall. Can't go without spending so it's just one of those things. ::::Sigh::::
  • Came home and realized 2 items I had purchased still had the large plastic things screwed in them from the store and then I realized now why every store was buzzing when I entered and left . Lovely, another LONG trip to the mall to get those large things off so I can wear the clothing. Got me some new flannel PJS and robe, with sensors still on them.........makes for uncomfortable sleep. LOL
  • am awed by a dog that loves sweets. Abbie is giving me the saddest eyes over the doughnuts as I will not give her one. If I cave, she will not eat her other food. This is sounding too much like toddlers.
  • looking through the sunny windows at the definite Fall picture in the mountains of North Georgia. The leaves are still hanging on, at least some of them, through all the wind and rain intermittently throughout the week. But it's quite nippy out right now.  ::::::Boots, sweater and skinny jeans day:::::::
  • has resisted Walmart and Target all week. I'm in a 12 step program. LOL  just joking. I'm going to break that today by going grocery shopping......and will try to maintain far distance from other household items, clothing, seasonal and home section at the store.   But we ARE out of trash bags which is not so good with a poo-poo dog. Trash bags and poo pads are staple grocery items at our house.
  • reading through blogs and wondering in amazement at how many unique stitching blogs there are in blogland. I could spend days reading them!  Love them all and awed by the work of many who also are passionate about stitching~!
  • am conflicted about what to focus on next because I have designed more than my stitchy fingers will go. I so wanted to finish the sampler I'm on, but then Thanksgiving is only 2-3 weeks away. And then Christmas shortly after. Do I skip the Thanksgiving one and zoom over to Christmas one???  Decisions decisions!
  • is now enjoying the total quiet in the house and the sounds are the old corner clock, tick=tocking, and tapping keys on the computer. Love quiet! Wait...........Abbie is growling a little in her deep sleep. I wonder what she is dreaming about?  Funny, her feet are twitching too. She must be dreaming of running as well.
  • is still holding my left jaw after it cracks and grates bone to bone in the joint, nervously waiting on the surgeon appt for evaluation. Seems I have no "disc space" at all in the TMJ. The dentist that there should be some disc space for movement.  Previous injuries to the left side of my head long ago probably didn't heal quite right per dentist and arthritis and degeneration is setting in this area. I digress on how this happened but I will tell you both men were right-handed.  I plan to definitely explore ALL nonsurgical options first but in the meantime, there are times I know my head is going to explode or birth something out of the left ear canal. Bone pain is painful. Period. I can't stay on muscle relaxers and mash my food to little bits forever......well...I could but the pain forever has to go somehow. Someway.
  • is thanking the Lord that I can still type my words even if talking is harder.
  • is way too cozy right now on the quilt and the sofa to get up and do stuff like housework. Do I have too?????
  • is so looking forward to our Thanksgiving plans that we've had for awhile and they are so special to me.
  • wants to give credit where credit is due for the excellent sellers of stitching and framing products that I've experienced. Someone asked about where the black rustic frame came from and here is the link from Homecraft Framing and Gifts:
http://www.homecraftframing.com/

Yes, I was more than pleased with the communication, concern, and careful making of this rustic frame. Just ask for Donna or visit her on Facebook or her website here for any framing needs. Her prices are very reasonable, shipping is fast and she makes frames to meet all your needs. I love mine!!!!!  And working on finishing my sampler to put into it. She's a very nice seller so pop over there on her site and look around. I chose rustic black with the white to emphasize and compliment this particular sampler but she has many other styles to choose from. She also has other items besides frames that are very pretty.



I like nice people.  Ok that was random. LOl


Also, I had a question on the material I used for the Getting Away with Jane Austen by The Sampler Girl.

I did forget to mention that and I want to tell you that this is one of my Favorite linens to stitch on. The color is like antique ivory but splotchy enough, very subtle, white to ecru blotching. I got this at 1-2-3 stitch store online and was very pleased with it.
The name of the linen is 32 count  Belfast Vintage Country Cream. You can get a fat quarter for 18.50 there. I did get a fat quarter and so glad I did because I will use it again and again.

Also, the winner (late announcement, sorry) of the items below is randomly computer drawn ..........

CARISSA from Wisconsin!!!


Yes, these will be coming your way this week. Please email me at jennifer.dalenberg@yahoo.com your snail mail address so I can get this out some time this week!

Enjoy!

A pair of Kelmscott Pink Snips, new



and the pattern for the Jane Baxter 1824 sampler by Primitive Traditions


"Lord, Grant me courage to proceed in what I have begun. All my desire and delight is in thy ways to run. My God, permit me not to be a stranger to my-self and Thee, may I obey Thy voice Divine and all Inferior Joys Resign."

 Model stitched on 40 ct Vintage Luna with DMC floss.

 Stitch count: 259W x 397H.


I would like to leave the post on this thought above as I go through my day and hope so very much for you to have a great Saturday.

 "Lord, Grant me courage to proceed in what I have begun".

Some days are best taken one at a time, hour by hour, minute by minute, even knowing that things around us may change, but we are the same person, and no one will ever change our creative spirit which is a gift to the world.

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed your post today...and many other days too! Hope you are soon to feel better....yes! one minute, one hour and one day at a time...too bad we don't remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thoughts!!

    Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I've heard TMJ is quite painful. I had a not too good trip to the dentist and found out I had 7 cavities, no doubt caused my the excessive morning sickness I've had in the past year due to the back-to-back pregnancies and gingivitis. Can't afford to have them fixed now or to have the deep cleaning they want to do. Just brushing and flossing away, watching my daughter walk around the room and kicking back with a new cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Jennifer. And congrats to the winner. Even though it wasn't me. LOL

    I keep hoping and praying that your jaw and ear problems ease for you. It really is a difficult thing to deal with the constant pain.

    As for which holiday to design for well, my vote is Christmas. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to stitch if my four legged child will let me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I almost said Jen as it feels like a letter to a friend when reading your blog...may your day go well and your evening be restful. Congrats to the winner of your fun draw and I look forward to spending some time on the frame link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your closing thought for today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear of your TMJ and it's cause -here's a big hug((Jennifer))

    On a lighter note- Krispy Creme in Sydney isn't doing too well, which really surprises me. I wish it would come to Adelaide so I can see (taste?) what is so good about them! As I was reading about them, I thought no wonder Abbie is sitting on your lap if you're eating them! Every time I eat something, Jack is looking for teeny tiny crumbs to drop his way.


    One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such wonderful thoughts Jennifer, I so enjoy reading your blog.

    And I'm so excited to be the winner of your giveaway! I've been digging thru my own stash to see what I can come up with for my own giveaway. I've not yet had one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer