Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blueberry Cobbler

Ater work tonight, I made a fresh blueberry cobbler and put ice cream on top. Very Yummy! The recipe is a really simple one. I thumbed through the Southern Living magazine that came in today and saw some really good recipes for grilling and will have to try those out on an off day as grilling takes a little longer.

Now, I'm going to go for a nice, long walk here in the mountains. I better hurry. It's looking a little cloudy like we are going to get a brief summer shower.

Blueberry Cobbler

1 cup of flour--self rising makes a fluffier cobbler but I use all-purpose usually
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter or margerine
1 cup of milk

Melt butter in a casserole dish in the microwave. Mix flour, sugar and milk in separate bowl. This will appear a little lumpy.
Add the flour mixture on top of the melted butter. Important: do not stir, just pour on top.
Then, add fresh blueberries, 1-2 cups (I like 2 cups) from a spoon on top of this mixture (do not stir) and put in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or Cool Whip.

So, simple enough! Enjoy the fresh fruit cobbler. You can substitute peaches as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love blueberry cobbler and I have some fresh blueberries that are almost ready to pick if I can beat the birds to them! Thank you for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer