Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!











Here are some pics around the house today as we opened gifts. I got ALOT of goodies and a certificate from Phil for a beginning knitting class on Jan 10th! That was a big surprise but I can't wait. I also got a really cool Williamsburg cloth bag and matching eyeglass holder and an absolutely cool magnifying lamp for stitching by my chair. SANTA did GOOD!!




Ren is tuckered in his bed after breakfast and snored right through lunch. Santa left him the sweater and he loves it as he has very little hair left. He is like the Velveteen Rabbit, it's all loved off! LOL
We had a late lunch. I had cooked in the slow cooker Tuesday night a rump roast with carrots and celery, onions, and mushrooms on top, then warmed it up today in the oven while my potatoes were cooking. I made a green salad to go with it and corn on the cob with rolls. I was so hoping to make a red velvet cake but just didn't get time so we had coffee and some leftover Christmas cookies for dessert. My parents got me a cake plate that is so beautiful and matches my fine china "Old Country Roses" pattern. Oh my, how a red velvet cake would have looked with that on it!




Thomas was at the door this morning and he got some treats from Santa. (Ren at some too and during our lunch threw them up !! EWW




All the rush is done and I am catching up on blogging and sipping some freshly made decaff Hazelnut coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer