Monday, March 6, 2017

Starting a Cozy Memories Blanket--The Mitered Square Knit


So, I've had this on my mind for so long, going through knitting podcasts that I love to watch and admiring the mitered square and the results of many of those together!

I really wanted to use sock yarn leftovers for this blanket. However, I have much more DK weight yarn than fingering weight/sock weight yarn. So this is my first sock yarn/fingering weight square.

I decided to start this pattern on Ravelry.

Using #2 DPNs (actually Boyes aluminum)

Yarn for this square is the one from the sage color in my last shawl (I have yet to block).

I know many people will laugh probably but I'm feeling very satisfied with memorizing this little pattern and can see why  it's been the hype for some time now.

I actually had some wooden DPNS from Knittters Pride and started this on a drive down to see my daddy (as the passenger) which gives me a good 3.5 hours of knitting time.
I felt like the Knitter's Pride was dragging so much PLUS they were just a wee bit too short for my comfort from one row to the next.

So after many sighs, I asked Mr. Darcy if he knew the next town that had a Walmart and he graciously took me in and I got the last #2 aluminum needles DPNs left!!

I thought at first with really inexpensive needles  that  these may not work well but be a temporary fix.  Ironically, these are PERFECT! The best 2.97 spent ever.

I think this will be a great little project to work on for each square in between other projects.
The fun part I'm sure is casting on for the next square...........and then the next.......

I hope you are enjoying a new project on your needles this week too!

Till later,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer: I am very interested in seeing what this looks like, I do not knit or crochet, so love seeing what others do with yarn.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern you chose. Can't wait to see your progress x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer: What a lovely Husband you have to get you to a Walmart to get your needles, I am not a knitter or crocheter so know nothing about needles.
    I am looking forward to seeing the project in it progress.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

There was an error in this gadget