Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Yarn is good eye candy!

Hello,
 
Yesterday I went to the junkin' store, actually a few of them to find a really cheap but usable to repurpose--frame for my Jane Austen sampler. After 3 hours, still didn't find one I could get. So, I probably will finish as a hanging because I do want it to go on my sampler wall in one of the guest rooms.
More on that later!
 
My splurge for this week was 2 skeins of Red Heart Boutique yarn. Found this at Walmart and honestly, it's like yarn shop quality. It almost has a soft mohair appearance but it's not. It's very soft and pretty. The colorway is called Tidal. It's a gorgeous teal and light green and medium teals. There are 258 yards on each skein and it recommends a number 8-9 needle. I want to make a small shawlette and lacy so I will use a bigger needle.

 
 
Red Heart has come a long way baby!
 
I think I'm dreaming of Spring already. However, I heard we are in for a big cold front moving here about 9a in the morning and lasting through the week, making very frigid nights. Tomorrow night is predicted at 17 with a real feel of 3 degrees.  Someone said today the Farmers Almanac spoke of this area having 4-5 snow episodes this Winter. Hasn't happened yet though. But.................................we have many weeks of Winter to go!
I feel kind of silly talking about these temps when I know there are many of you that live in much colder climates and probably laughing at us southerners.
 
It's time for a small design. I had some ideas while roaming through the afternoon and my devotionals. My creative juices are flowing. ;-0
 
Stay warm and cozy,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer: I am sure the weather in your area is sometimes bad, if I lived where you live I would become acclimated and be cold with 40 degree weather, here 40 degrees is warm, I am a snow bunny not by choice.
    I have seen and touched the yarn you are showing when I was at Joann's
    it is totally yummy.
    I look forward to see what you do with it.

    Many Blessings

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
We love to hear from you and yours any time and cherish the time you take to be with us here. I hope you have a GREAT week!
Jennifer

There was an error in this gadget