Thursday, June 22, 2017

PT = Pink Therapy Sampler and Knit


Last night, I picked up a Blackbird Design Pink Manor sampler to cross stitch while Mr. Darcy and I watched back to back episodes of Blue Blood. We are on Season 4 now........it's a really good program. We have watched back to back episodes for a while now in the evenings.

So I reached in my long, long ----can't even remember, when I started this----stash of WIPs last night and spent some time on it. I love pink. Specifically in this sampler, Jakey Brown.
After I dusted the project bag off, I decided to try to finish this.



I just stopped mid program and looked at Mr. Darcy and said "this makes me happy!"
Of course, if I didn't have a magnifier lamp and good glasses it would be hard to do.
This is 35 count fabbie.


I'm so close............ I started the "Dear____" part with one over one.


And so I  have some pink projects to finish that should have been a very long time ago.

These gloomy rainy days we are having are perfect for settling in for the evening with some pink therapy after physical therapy.

And so.......... this...........



This is a project I started for a baby that is now..........almost a year old. Yup........all this progress you see was knitted in the NICU waiting room while daddy was sick.

I got to almost finished and put it down. I did use Bernat Baby, a sport weight yarn in acrylic because I wanted it to be very washable. The intended recipient didn't know I was knitting this.
I made a few mistakes in it so now I don't think I will be giving to this year old baby, but..........I think I'm donating it when I finish to a knit group on Ravelry to send to hospitals who accept baby blankets handmade for families of infant loss.

I didn't really go by any special pattern, just rotated stockinette with garter with a consistent garter edge.

The finished size is perfect for newborn-3 months. I just will pick up and knit the last section in garter, wash, fluff, and donate.

Picking up a piece with 100% acrylic again is actually helping me appreciate more of natural yarn fibers.
I know some knitters do not knit with acrylic at all but I have a good bit in my yarn stash from when I fell in love with knitting in the beginnning and I'm sure I will occasionally find some use for it.

On to cook some ham, sweet potatoes and green beans.

More PT this evening as it rains outside again today...........................

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts Jennifer. I felt like I was sitting right there with you with my own stitching. I love getting back to my WIPs. The pink blanket is so pretty, and I love the piece you're cross stitching as well. You have a great weekend full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! I wish you were here stitching with me! Tomorrow is PT for me, physical therapy. LOL So off to bed now and I know I will be sore tomorrow. I got a little done tonight on the sampler. You have a good weekend as well. We are getting hit with alot of rain here.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer