Tuesday, May 20, 2014

New Sister Blog! Knitting in My Nest

As time rolls on, things change in my life, as well as others and I have decided for organizing and for your benefit to create a separate blog for knitting stuff. Feathers in the Nest is mostly for cross stitching of which I dearly love, our life in the mountains and how we keep up the homestead.

My interest in learning to knit came about 18 months ago. I had always wanted to knit but was a little intimidated with it. I got a certificate as a gift several years back from a local store and took the 2 hour class, came home and was lost when I made my first mistake. I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

So, many months later in December 2012, I took a course called Knit Lab on Craftsy.com. If you don't know about this site, it's a GREAT site for any creative arts, not just knitting. Some classes are discounted deeply around certain times of the year and because of December and Christmas, the class was half off. This was the best decision I made because the class was taught by an excellent instructor, Stephanie Japel, and for 12.50 I got 8 hours of instruction and also 3 patterns that were not on Ravelry.com. She had lessons you can play and repeat over and over so it was almost like sitting right next to a teacher.

I also used You Tube to help with some instructions on certain new stitches and patterns that were basically free. The class I took from Craftsy.com incorporated one main pattern that included teaching increasing, decreasing, knit, purl stitches to make garter and then sections of basic lace.
As you know, if you have followed me for a while, I began to knit a lot. Mostly I gave away as gifts

Because I have a deep love for both antique samplers, designing AND knitting, I decided to split up to put any knitting progress, patterns, news etc. on Knitting in My Nest. This way if you are only wanting updates on cross stitching, Feathers in the Nest will not be a waste of time if you are not a knitter and vice versa.

I hope these changes are for the betterment for everyone. Sometimes, very frequently I have both a sampler project and/or homestead news updates as well as a knitting project or two going at the same time. This way if you are interested you can be selective in your interests.

For the click to the Google Blogger BlogSpot for Knitting in My Nest, look at the top of the right side bar and click directly on it.  You can follow it by favorites bookmarking, or even better following the site. The link will always be on Feathers in the Nest side bar also for your convenience.

I also have a selling blog for items that I clean out of my stash or items that may help you with finishes for sampler making. I haven't added anything to it in a long while but while it is still there, in the near future I will have new items posted. Once I stitch a sampler, I usually sell it because I have never really stitched samplers of the same twice. For example, the Scarlett Letter one that I just finished will be added for sale at a reduced price fairly soon. So stay tuned for this if you are looking for accessories or patterns. I simply use Paypal for this and it works well.

I appreciate all your feedback you have given me, and I do take it and try to make better use of new ideas to help you.

Again, thank you to all readers and followers that have been hanging out with me through changes!
My yearly mission of simplifying includes making some of these changes.

 
Hope you have a great Tuesday!
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. I think splitting the blogs is a great idea, but I hope it doesn't become too much work for you! I love all of your stitching and homestead news. I haven't ventured into knitting yet, but who knows, maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer