Monday, January 27, 2014

I Just Can't Wait Sometimes and K2tog

 
~~~~~~~~~~for snow and
~~~~~~~~~to start a new lace freebie
especially with this yarn I have in my stash,
and the cabin fever with all the cold weather.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And on days like today, I just look at it after 5 or 6 rows of the pattern
 
and realize after it's stretched out, the beauty shows.
 
The beauty of the colorway and the way it shows the lace.
 
When  stitches are put together in a pattern intentionally to leave a "hole" for lace,
 
sometimes it's not until it's all stretched out until it's full pattern can be appreciated.
 
Space can be beautiful when it is in the right timing of a pattern.
It can be a real mess when it's not supposed to be there.
 
Reminds me of our journey in life. The places we think are holes, can sometimes be just part of the pattern to make the bigger picture, our journey pattern, a more beautiful purpose in the end.
 
This I know for sure:
 
Those that left holes in our hearts, were just part of the whole pattern, and that in God's grace, He knits our life the way it should be if we put our trust in Him always and always seek His will.
 
Knitting gives me time to meditate. I think that's why there are research studies that show how therapeutic knitting really is. However, if you ask some people, they would say it's just for old people. Man, what they are missing out on, no matter what age!
 
The rhythm of it. The counting. The freedom to choose. Choose colors. Choose patterns.
 
It's very functional as well as beautiful as the process goes along.
 
At the end, there is no better sense of accomplishment which is like a balm to our soul.
 
And the very best part of knitting is using our gifts to give of our hearts.
 
This is just what knitting means to me. I'm blessed to have been able to learn a year ago as it's been as good to me as many a close friend.
 
On the reading front:
 
I'm finishing the Bible study devotional book and online study group called Wife After God in just 4 days!!! I can't believe it's almost over. I don't want it to be........
 
 My review of this is highly recommended for Christian wives. The author is the group leader, Jennifer Smith, and she is very gifted with teaching about such a HUGE part of life. I'm also blessed to have a husband who is just so easy to love and respect. You know marriage is a true KNIT 2 TOGETHER!
And for that, I'm truly, truly thankful.
I think God had me go through a marriage of what is not, to show the contrast of how a real marriage should be.
 
#soblessed #soloved #sothankful #knittedtogether
 

1 comment:

  1. I have always found the rhythm of knitting to be most relaxing...as well as all my needlework projects. Being creative is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer