Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sew Thankful to be Almost Finished with the City Shawl

Since taking a Craftsy.com class online in December, I have really loved alot of Stephanie Japel's patterns. She is a great instructor and designer. Some of her patterns are free. I did splurge last month and got the pattern for this City Shawl on Ravelry, inspired by my visit to Washington, DC for a work meeting.
This is where I found the yarn shop Looped!
 
I just finished binding off!!!!! What a happy dance since this is going to block 7 ft x 3 ft.
There are sections of lace, big lace and garter sections which will be blocked out with the help of Mr. Darcy this weekend.
 
This morning I was on a mission to finish this to Bind off stage.
The yarn is from Bumbleberries in Clarkesville, Ga.
(3) 100 yard balls of yarn used. This yarn is considered bulky and I used a number 11/36 ft circular needle.


This is Universal Yarn, Inc. fiber. It does have a slight tweed in it that made the K2tog's difficult at times; however I love the result.
 
I can see this with a white long sleeve T shrt and jeans in about September here!
 
This is the stage I'm at and next I will weave in the ends. Then off to a mild handwash and wet block it on my blocking board that my hubbie made for me. This should block really large.
 
I had been using the dining room table for pics but it was too big to show the whole shawl, so here goes:


 
It all started with one stitch!


 
The bind off was loose. I will be so happy to block and really open up te lacy part.

 
Remember the mess when I frogged out this and started with this new pattern?  All in a shawl now!


 
Needless to say, I love it and can't wait to the final finishing.

As far as other homesteading here, we had a week of daily rain followed by a few days now of sun and it's so refreshing to open the windows and let in some fresh air. Mother's Day gifties have been sent and I hope they like them. I made them with my heart in hand.
 
After this, I'm hoping to organize my "studio" of which I will show you pics later. Right now, there are 2 tables in it, waiting for a stitch group to form, after much cleaning out of stash. I feel blessed to have this space and I have much cross stitching, buttons, threads, patterns, and such to organize.
Oh. And yarn. :)
 
I hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day tomorrow. Miss Abigail says she loves her mommy!!!



I love reading your comments and I so thank you to all readers who take a part of their day to see what's happening here on Fox Mountain. 

Thankfully,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Your shawl turned out really nice. I love the colors!
    I have been knitting mainly scarves and dishcloths, but I would love to try a shawl like that. I don't know anything about blocking, so I need to do a little research online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy Mothers Day to you Jennifer!! You nurture so many!! Thank you and Blessings to you!!
    Fondly, Rain

    Keep stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl looks really pretty. I really like your knitted heart.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer