Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Start of Love One Another--Blackbird Designs


New start of a Blackbird Design sampler out of their For My Friend book that I got while at In Stitches back in March in Alexandria, VA. The fabric 30 count Sheep Straw and the entire sampler is in 6 skeins of Gentle Art Mulberry.

I really like the dark red for this piece and will be happy to get to the motifs. There are instructions for learning new stitches besides the cross stitch and I'm so ready to get to the part.

This is a great book by Blackbird Designs as there are other goodies tucked in for small projects as well.

Next~~~~~ one thing that came in the mail. I looked on Ebay and saw that a dealer was going out of business and selling stash so I got this for a third of the cost and brand new. It is a BAP but I was attracted to the cute litte fox in it.

This is a 19th century reproduction piece. Mansion House at Fox Hollow.
Of late, I have an attraction to anything fox!



Mansion House at Fox Hollow
designer Country Stitches--With Thy Needle and Thread


I also caved and got this pair of scissors for my stash. I've been doing quite well with not getting as much stash this year due to financial restraints but this little pair looks lovely.


Anybody interested in maybe adding a pair to their stash? Is so let me know and I might be putting a pair for a giveaway.
This pair is from The Scarlett Letter website.


I get alot of comments through the past few years how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful area.
I can only agree that as any season here, the mountains are beautful and I truly am blessed.



My Kindle is loaded up with a few more Jane Austen books. I have a great love for Pixel of Ink on FB where daily freebies are posted and most of the time to load onto the Kindle (Gracie).
Another FB Kindle site for freebies is Inspired Reads.

Just a couple of funny ones from the local area. :)



Stay in Stitches!
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. anything blackbird is a great stitch..and i LOVE your newest stash that sampler is beautiful..and so are the scissors..
    on another note,,as for going up to your beautiful mountains,,I was thinking about elijay for their apple festival..and then check out the rest on the other days..have you been to elijay??thanks for your imput,,have a blessed week..
    devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute start hun; can't wait to see it when it's all done up..I'd love another pair of scissors..:) Those are beautiful..

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Devon, Elijay is a nice area. I've been there many times. It's very rural, not much to do there, but pretty scenery. I've not ever been to the Apple Festival though. They have lots of festivals here starting in September. The best is Hawaisee. The views are better, the festival is better and you can go about 23 miles south, enjoy the views and be in Helen, an Alpine village near me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, anything Blackbird is always a good choice in my book. I love the color!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky I did not see Mansion Hollow on Ebay, I woulda given you a run for the money. I love that one, but I too am watching the spending. Beautiful countryside pics. Count me in for scissors. I only own one pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love just about anything from the BBD ladies!!
    Mansion House is a very pretty sampler ~ houses on samplers are another favorite of mine.
    Those scissors beautiful ~ I'd love a chance at a pair! You are so generous with your giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer