Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Twisted Tuesday--Time

The snow finally melted on the 8th day....................

 and with the constant rain, gray skies and short Winter daylight, I realized we are smack in the middle of those shortest days of the year when we need sunshine to boost our serotonin levels (or I guess Prozac would work too, although I've never tried that before). ;p

Slowly, I'm getting out of the stitcher's block and carried stitching with me in my tote but instead in any free moments this evening have almost finished reading the book Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Gracie (my Kindle) says that I'm at 92% read. I'm anxious but procrastinating the ending as I so want it to be a good one. My heart says things will work out between the soulmates in this book but there were many sad parts in it. If I get a chance, I will watch the movie on DVD. I usually like to watch the movie first but in this case, I purchased the Kindle edition of it, thinking that it had read-to-me feature enabled, but mistakenly it did not so I'm slowly finishing it up. I love all the books by Nicholas Sparks. He definitely is a good author and this one was a true page-turner. I do believe in soul-mates and this book as most of his, really play that theme out.

Something really threw me off today but I just said, "Really?"  and it's working, yes, it's working! I guess this is the word of the week. LOL

But, Really.  honestly. really,  I wanted to show you my order from Pineberry Lane that came in. I was so impressed with how it was packaged. I had ordered some linen and small pair of scissors......and the scissors are WAY cool and sharp too!
I love the wrapping paper around the scissors .


  The pieces of lavender just made the linen smell wonderful. ;)

Yes, I could take it out of the shiney plastic...


Inspiring minds want to know.



And here are one of the 3 pair of glasses I have now. These frames are my favorite of the 2 for closeup. They are actually frames from Walmart in the junior/teen area of the Vision Center. They fit me better and I love them. I had an identical pair made for distance for driving and both have transition lens and get darker with sunlight. I didn't think I would like them, but I do especially when blocking out glaring light from headlights in traffic on cloudy days.  I know I'm talking in circles....how did I get off the subject.....anyway.......

my stitching block is slowly recovering with inspiration. If you haven't visited Pineberry Lane's website, it's awesome. Love it!  Connected to it from Stacy Nash website. Isn't it funny how one thing leads to another in creative-thinking.



I also will experiment with this one day. Walnut crystals instead of coffee. I need to read the instructions as it looks pretty much stronger than coffee grounds. At 1/8th of a teaspoon, this will last forever.

Last year, about this time, I baked, literally baked after coffee staining some linen for Valentine's basket ornies.
It was quite fun. But, I stitched first.  This time, I will test out the fabric and stain first instead of holding my breath and watching it on a cookie sheet almost burn after it's stitched.

Timing is everything.

Hope your part of the world is sunny and bright.

9 comments:

  1. What great packaging! I would love to have something wrapped up with lavender :) The scissors are pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love those walnut crystals from Wendy - they're terrific. Remember that a little goes a long way though. Pretty scissors - I have longed after those and need to get some one of these days. Such cool handles!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a prettily wrapped package - love the lavender to sweeten the deal. Those scissors are awesome!

    Can't wait to see how the walnut staining comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took a class from Stacy Nash this weekend. She recommends placing your project on a towel and covering it with another towel when baking. It prevents scorching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty packaging! I LOVE those scissors. I have an old pair that looks similar but they are just that...OLD, not sharp.

    I won't ruin the ending of Dear John for you...but it's GOOD!! If I remember correctly it's not what I expected.

    I picked out frames for my first pair of prescription glasses yesterday. ALOT of changes since I turned 42!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your Kindle is Gracie....
    Anyway, I do my dying in the microwave...haven't tried the oven yet. I may have to try the Walnut crystals. And those scissors, the handles are so comfy...I have had a similar pair for years and love them. Hope you ae feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have coffee dyed, then baked linen too. I rather like it myself! Those scissors are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMW gorgeous new goodies...I'm headed there next :) I looove your new header pic, it is awesome! I'm drooling over those scissors. :)

    Enjoy your treats, kiddo
    XOXO
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet package! :D Those scissors are gorgeous, and I can imagine how good the lavender smells. I've had my walnut crystals going on 2 years now and have barely made a dent in them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer