Sunday, September 9, 2012

Change of Seasons/ Change in Blogging Format

I totally have spent a while formating this blog. I'm not sure I like the look and according to Google Blogger it's going to make even more changes in the coming days. I don't know what that means but anyways, this is set up in tile format. You actually can view freebies easier and click on any picture while will pop up the entire post.
 
Slide over to the extreme right and click on anything that is usually on there, including "about me", "followers", translations, etc.
 
I'll try this format for a few days and see how it goes.

 
I hope you are having a restful Sunday so far. The North Georgia mountain weather has definitely changed to much cooler nights, and drier air. Bright and sunny today and supposed to be for the week!!!
Pot Roast and potatoes cooked in the slow cooker last night and today I hope to get alot of rest. The fireplace is all cleaned out now and ready to begin Fall warming by fireside at the homestead.
Yesterday was quite busy with household chores and such and I felt 95 when I woke up this morning from all the busy things I had to do.
 
If you remember the old Hoosier cabinet I've had for about 3 years now, Mr. Darcy and I are going to refurbish this on Tuesday this week. Pictures forthcoming.
We've contemplated many ways to reburbish, paint or stain???
I think we are going to stain the outside and paint he inside of it.
I'm hoping that these original bakelite handles come clean with some paint thinner.
 
 
 
Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting! It looks more hi-tech than a stitching blog. I like the more home-spun backgrounds and headers.

    The background is very dark and the side labels (on the right) don't appear until I hover over them which means they could be ignored if you didn't know they were there.

    It also took quite a while to load them and then the post hid half of the box!

    When I experimented by closing the post window I could see all the lovely photos really clearly which was great. I like the way they twist round to show their title but the font is quite hard to read.

    Sorry if I sound quite critical. Some of the issues could be due to my browser but I'm using Google Chrome now as I had alot of problems with IE.

    Have fun playing with your settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using Firefox here and have none of he issues that Jo reports. Background looks red, quite nice actually, all labels and pictures are there and visible. To me and on my screen it looks fine.
    Love your stitching and hope that the work on the cabinet will go all fine.
    Hugs to little Miss Abigail too

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer